Iphone 5 can't send or receive picture messages
deucey

Is anyone else having the problem with their iphone 5 not being able to send or receive picture msging? I have mms turned on, data turned on. I even spent 2 hours on the phone wiht verizon trying to get it resolved to no avail. Anyone have any fixes or something i can check? I also reseted my network settings and everything.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 5 can't send or receive picture messages
BigErnM
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have any data usage monitors installed, such as Onavo?

0 Likes
deucey

nope.. it's basically brand new.. didn't install any msging apps or data apps

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you try a full restore of your device? You stated you did a reset of network settings but not sure if "and everything" meant you did a restore also. If not, try it. Also, are you a new customer? If so did you port your number over from another carrier? In the past I seem to recall some people that port numbers may have a delay in full service (and some mentioned that their text messaging wasn't immediately available). Not sure if that could be the case but it could be a possibility. And since VZW couldn't resolve the issue what did they suggest or offer? Normally, it would seem that they would say it may be the device if they tried for that long and couldn't resolve the issue...or put in a trouble ticket and given you a case number...or even tell you to try contacting Apple (although in this case I am pretty sure Apple would refer you right back to VZW since it would appear to be a service issue and not a device issue) What exactly did they tell you?

0 Likes
BigErnM
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
deucey

thanks i did the same without erasing all the data and i got bombarded with pics. 😃

0 Likes