Re: Cannot receive text messages from AT&T customers.
sh99

I had my second call with a Verizon tech this AM.  I cannot get texts from anyone not with Verizon.  After 2 calls and almost 2 hours, they have opened a trouble ticket.  We didn't know we weren't getting texts from others at first.  Now we have tested and have confirmed we are not receiving texts from AT&T and Sprint.  Two friends with US Cellular also tried to text me and both received a message - unable to send.

When I first called, the tech spent 45 minutes checking things only to tell me that it was Sprint's problem.  That's when I later tested with someone on AT&T and figured out we aren't getting those texts either.

We'll see what happens from the trouble ticket and how long that takes.  Wanted to post that this happened to me with other carriers besides AT&T.

0 Likes
vjacobs

I just switched to a Motorola Devour.  When I first activate the phone, I get all texts from all carriers. Then the next day or so I can only send, but not receive texts from AT&T customers.  When I reset the phone, it works again, but I never know when I'm not receiving them until I talk to someone who sent one I didn't receive, and then have to reset again.

Verizon customer service had no answers and didn't offer to open a ticket or investigate further.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd love to help you with your messaging issue vjacobs! Does dialing *228 option 1 affect the performance at all? Are you using a 3rd-party messaging app? Also, is the issue consistent once it develops or intermittent?

Thanks for the additional info! Let's work on a fix!

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vjacobs

Since posting this message, I did a system update, the phone restarted, and I have not had the problem since. But when it was happening, it was consistent.

0 Likes
eclipsing

I've had this problem for a while too. Can't receive texts from AT&T customers, so far all of the problem numbers have been iPhones. This has happened for my last three phones. I figured it might stop when I upgraded to a smartphone, but I just got the iphone 5 and have the same problem. Did anyone ever find a method to fix this?

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<Due to the age of this discussion, this thread will be locked.>

0 Likes