Metal roof and mobile broadband and ETF
rencando

We have had horrible mobile broadband service since getting our Jetpack 4G LTE mobile hotspot a year ago.  Verizon support did Service check determined the tower was fine but we have bad intereference in our home.  Since then the landlord installed a metal roof we are in a rural area and have only one other option available, moving would be option 2.  Has anyone exerienced whether Verizon would waive the ETF in a situation like this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Metal roof and mobile broadband and ETF
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon doesn't throttle 4G.... They can't under block C rules. One of the reasons why they dropped unlimited data plans.

Verizon will not let you out of the ETF. You full willing kept the service when you knew the service was bad in your home. You could have returned the device for a during the 14 to 30 day period(depending on state laws). If you recently moved there after you had a contract then it is of no fault to Verizon and why they don't promise coverage in buildings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

nope, not verizons fault

they do not garuntee service indoors, or even outdoors for that matter

ask the landlord to replace the metal roof with a shingle roof

or ask him to pay the etf, he caused the issue

0 Likes
rencando

The connection was bad before the metal roof, the landlord only made it worse.   Thank you for the input.

0 Likes
DRH7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is called throttling.  I had perfect reception with an external antenna in the boondocks for two years.  Then almost two years to the date I got my usb 760 I started getting dial-up speed.

They told me to go get  Jetpack.  Now it is worse than the USB 760.  It is called throttling your access speed.  They call it optimization.

I've written letter, called for trouble tickets.  No one wants to correct my problem.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon doesn't throttle 4G.... They can't under block C rules. One of the reasons why they dropped unlimited data plans.

Verizon will not let you out of the ETF. You full willing kept the service when you knew the service was bad in your home. You could have returned the device for a during the 14 to 30 day period(depending on state laws). If you recently moved there after you had a contract then it is of no fault to Verizon and why they don't promise coverage in buildings.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Throttling is way different than no signal,.

0 Likes
DRH7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not talking about 4G throttling.  I live in the boondocks.  I can only get 3G (Weston, Colorado 81091).  Got perfect fast internet for two years then two years to the date I start getting dial-up speed.

I'm getting throttled.  When I called in it would improve for a week and then throttled back to slow.  When I go on the road to Denver or Colorado Springs it works OK, not great blazing speed like they claim but OK. Certainly not blazing speed.

I have a metal roof.  I have an external antenna.  Not over-using my 5G limit either.  Used only 3.8 last month.

If you have a metal roof with external antenna should be no problem, huh?

0 Likes
DRH7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

""""""""Verizon will not let you out of the ETF. You full willing kept the service when you knew the service was bad in your home. You could have returned the device for a during the 14 to 30 day period(depending on state laws). ."""""""

They told me I would be OK and needed to upgrade from the USB760 to Jetpack. Reception got worse.  I complained.  Right at the 14-day return mark it improved for a week and then it was throttled back.

0 Likes