My 4s will not stay connnected to WiFi
lil_bruce97

I've had my 4s for about 6 months now and its not staying connected to my wifi anymore.  Every time I manual connect and when it goes into "sleep mode" for about 5 mins and I then turn it on its no longer connected to wifi.  What is going on with my phone? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My 4s will not stay connnected to WiFi
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Is it reconnecting shortly after you wake it up? As far as I know, all iPhones shut off the Wi-Fi radio in sleep mode after a certain amount of time. I know that mine does this, but it reconnects to Wi-Fi once I wake it up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. We will do all we can do to get your 4S to stay connected to WiFi. This is a feature that is very important.
First, I want you go to to Settings>WiFi>Select your WiFi network and tap the blue circle>Forget the network.
Secondly, go ahead and go back to WiFi to add the WiFi network & attempt the connection again.
Have you reset the network settings and attempted to connect to the WiFi again? http://bit.ly/QCxrjH.

Please feel free to let me know how the iPhone 4S is working once these steps are completed.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bajadreamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a similar problem but mine is that the wifi just wont stay connected at my home.  I tried the troubleshooting option posted on 9/24/12 by Tamara H at VZW but that did not resolve it.  We have 2 other Iphone users in the house and their phones do not have the same problem so I believe it must have to be the settings on my particular phone.  When I am at work or anywhere else that there is wifi I stay connected.  It simply is my phone on my own home network.

Any other settings to try to resolve the issue?

0 Likes