How Do I Reset the Billing Password? I need it to preorder the iPhone 5
klkhov

I'm trying to pre-order the iPhone 5. When on the Apple site it asks for the billing password, but I don't remember it. The last time I remember, the billing password was the last 4 digits of my SSN. Is there a way where I can reset it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How Do I Reset the Billing Password? I need it to preorder the iPhone 5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

call customer service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
samoa

Ann, I am trying to suspend my service as I am out of the country.  I can not suspend because I do not remember my billing password.  I called customer service and was told to go back on line and reset.  I can not reset because I need the current password in order to change my password.  Any ideas on how to get around this loop??????????

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you say 'billing' password, I'm assuming you mean your My Verizon password?  If so, go to the My Verizon log-in page and click on 'forgot password' (in blue towards the top on the right).  Then follow instructions to reset it.  Hopefully that will help.  You can also call Customer Service to suspend a line, but you'll be charged a fee (it's free if you do it yourself on-line).

0 Likes
samoa

No, the actual billing password for the account not the my Verizon password. I am the account holder, but I do not remember the billing password.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know what you mean by 'billing password'.  If you are the account holder, have a My Verizon account, and remember your My Verizon password (and even if you don't remember the password, you can re-set by the process I mentioned earlier), that's all you need to suspend your service.  Log into your My Verizon account, look under Device, and click on Suspend/Reconect Service, then follow the prompts for the line(s) you want to suspend.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Curiosity got me, so I Googled 'Verizon billing password' and found this:

"What is a billing (system) password?

When calling in to Verizon Wireless Customer Service, you are asked to provide the last four digits of the Account Owner's Social Security Number (SSN) for authentication purposes. However, the Account Owner can choose to create a custom password to be used instead of their SSN. This is the billing system password."

http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/My%20Verizon/billing_statements.html

I'd always thought that was an authentication code, not a billing system password.  Whatever! 

Hopefully you never changed your password and it is, indeed, the last four numbers of your social.  Regardless, as I mentioned above, if you are the account owner and have a My Verizon account, you can suspend your line(s) that way.  Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks you all for taking the time to help. I appreciate your help.

@samoa,

No worries, I can help! If you log in to your My Verizon account you will not need your billing password to suspend the line.

Go to www.vzw.com and sign in using your username and password. Go to suspend line and select the line you want to suspend and follow the steps.

If you do not know the online password you will be required to know the billing password to reset the online password. The billing password is number, letters, or a combination of both no more than 5 characters long. The billing password is the one you verify when calling Customer Services.

If you are still unable to suspend the line please send me a Direct message with your name, mobile number, and details of what you need done. I'll be more than happy to further assist you.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes