Iphone 5 pre-order upgrade question
mike23060

Hopefully this can be an easy answer...

So I want to pre-order my iphone 5 so I can have it delivered to me so I won't have to deal with the stores on that weekend... But my phone is not eligible for an upgrade b/c someone in my family used it. However my dad's upgrade is available and he told me to use his number on the pre-order form and then when I get it in the mail I can just activate the iphone 5 to my phone number, I just want to confirm that I can do this relatively hassle free?

Thanks in advance! Have a great tomorrow everyone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 pre-order upgrade question
Sgh225

I thought we could pre order after midnight  on October 14 th. how do we I order?

0 Likes
jbhandyman

Yes you can use his upgrade and switch it to yours that's what I have done in the past. Just when you activate it you activate it on your line it's not difficult at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have an easy answer for you mike23060!

It was very nice of you to allow someone to use your upgrade eligibilty initially. You are able to do an Alternate Upgrade using your dad's eligibility for your line, as well. Have you done so already? If not, here's the link to start: http://bit.ly/RRkIKx Simply select your dad's number to upgrade, then select "Transfer Discount", and then select your mobile number, and proceed as normal. This way, you will not have to get a new SIM card, as the SIM card will come programmed with the number it was ordered on.

Enjoy your new phone! (And I hope this was easy enough.)

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mike23060

I already ordered it through apple after I asked them about activating the phone to my number when I receive the phone and they said it wouldn't be a problem. Is this not correct?

I initially went to see if I could transfer the upgrade before I ordered it but the verizon site made me select a phone right away, which I didn't do since the iphone 5 wasn't listed. So I guess I made the incorrect assumption that I wouldn't be able to use the transfer till it actually was released.

I also made the assumption that if I could use somebody else's unactivated phone, and activate it to my number (for instance if I used somebody else's unused phone if mine broke) I would be able to. Thus in this case I would use my dad's "new" unactivated phone and activate it to my number. Hopefully I will still be able to use the phone when I receive it!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated given that I have already ordered the phone using my dad's number and upgrade.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Michael!

You are correct! You can order the device for your line through Apple and upgrade your dad's number. This is called an Alternate Upgrade. When you get the device from apple, you can go online via My Verizon and place the equipment on your line. It's important to make sure not to activate the device on the upgraded line, or you may have to wait 24 hours for the SIM to cycle. Then place the equipment on your line. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw

0 Likes