iphone 5 upgrade and keep unlimited data
susanrandom

i just pre ordered. i was assured over and over that before a used an upf

grade from a line with a dumb phone that i could trasnfer the upgrade to my line with the already existing unlimited date and keep unlimite

i also called back and spoke to a diff rep who assured me this is the case

i guess we will see

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 5 upgrade and keep unlimited data
susanrandom

sorry for the typo. not so great at typing on ipad. i was assured that i cud use an upgrade from a non data line and swith to my dat line. they claim the phone will be set for my line when it arrives and no switching involved and no data charge to the line with dumb phone

0 Likes
pcorrenti

they lied if u upgrade ur phone u will lose unlimited data and have to switch to 2 gb or more.  i also see where verizon customers r asking about family share data.  there is no longer family share  and there is no family shared data i have went round and round with verizon about this.  the only way u can get shared data is by switching to the share everything which is 40 per phone and  then u have to purchase shared data which is 60 for 2 gb to share among the phones and u cannot carry your unlimited data  over unless u buy a phone outright.  if u upgrade through verizon ur charged 30 for upgrade and whatever discount price u get for phone andu have to purchase a data plan.  u can stay on the family plan if u want i have five phones on my account and figured i could save some money by purchasing shared data (10 gb for 100) but no i was told the shared data is only available on the share everything plan   figures i have been with verizon for 12 years and this is what they offer their loyal customers.  it truly sucks and if i find a better deal i will kiss verizon goodbye  iam tempted to go right to that straight talk or smart talk whatever it is!!!!

0 Likes
pcorrenti

not true u lose it

0 Likes
susanrandom

my receipt says i still have the family share plan

0 Likes
susanrandom

they also assured me that my bill would be the same price

0 Likes
Judi932
Enthusiast - Level 2

At least I know I was not the only one who was lied to by Verizon. They old me when I paraded two phones that it was just an upgrade with no change in my plan! Then I find out that there was a loss of the unlimited data and I have to pay more to get less. If I was aware of this I would never have allowed any upgrade at all. It is a scam in my eyes. The thing is that Verizon believes they can get away with this. I disagree and encourage anyone who was affected by this to report it. I am! And then, for the time being since I a stuck with this garbage for now, I will one by one deactivate every account and find another server.

Oh and by the way - I believe in spreading the news and making sure no one else makes the mistake of doing business with Verizon. After all I had them for 15 years........No more!

0 Likes
susanrandom

well after all your comments i called verizon for a third time and got someone who told me that transferring the upgrade to my line first would cause me to lose the unlimited data. he cancelled  the order and did it over by upgrading line with the dumb phone. he says when the phone arrives i should call and have him/ someone walk me through the activation  on dumb line and then shutting off and doing my line.

im not sure but i figure its worth a shot. 

i also recorded the call so at least i can verify that the problem was not my mistake and hopefully return the phone and  go back to square one if this doesnt work.

too bad its will take two weeks to let you know how it turned out. for now i am going with positive thinking !!! i do understand all the frustrations because most of these guys do not know for sure what they are talking about. the first guy who sold me the first phone said it was only the second one he had done all night. thats not a good sgn  is it??

thank you for your comments.

0 Likes
susanrandom

oh  and thats 2-3  hours of my life i will never get back. : )

0 Likes
Judi932
Enthusiast - Level 2
I hope it works out for you. If the guy who did my upgrade had known hat he talking about I would to be in this situation today.
0 Likes