New Phone Cause Code 64 Error Class 2
erinfinch23

I just bought and activated my new Droid Incredible 2 when I tried to send a text message if failed to send. I looked at the details and saw that it said cause code 64 error class 2. What does this mean, and what should I do to fix it? Thank you.

-Erin

(removed email address to comply with )

Message was edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: New Phone Cause Code 64 Error Class 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Erin!

Welcome to the VZW Community! Let's get this issue resolved. Have you tried dialing *228 on your device to make sure you are on the correct Provider Roaming list. Error code 64 appears to be possible Radio Interference. Does this issue occur everywhere you travel? I would also make that you are on the latest device software.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_VZW

0 Likes
naywah

Hi Erin -

I have this exact scenario. Dialed *228 and still only recieving texts not sending. Started this morning. Pulled the battery twice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi naywah,

I know how important texting is to users. I appreciate you calling *228, did the programming finish successfully? Are you getting the same error messages when sending the messages? Please confirm that you're using the regular texting application and not a 3rd party application. I also recommend you check the content being sent (ex: are you sending plain text or containing special characters or emoticans) and the type of signal arriving to the device. I look forward to hearing back from you to find how the trouble was resolved.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes