Re: Good for Enterprise App - Personal Data Plan
ChevyNovaLN

So far it appears that there must be something special with Verizon customers, using a personal plan, that have iPhones vs the same exact setup running Android.    There are people I work with using personal plans with IOS devices that have no issues activating with our 'Good for Enterprise' server.   However, myself and another co-workers both running Andoid both get the message that our data pla doesn't meet the requirements.   The IOS users checked their bill in detail (i watched) online and there is no extra fees.   So I called Verizon and spoke with a rep and he said it does look like if I wanted to get Good to work my data plan would have to be switched to an Enterprise security/data plan  (or something to that effect) which would be $15/month more than i'm paying right now.    

Now, i'm perfectly comfortable using OWA on my phones browser for reading e-mails, but it is disheartening to know that those running IOS are apparently not required to use this Enterprise data plan.  

The ONLY other thing  i'm not sure about is whether or not those IOS users are on a $30/month Unlimited plan like I am, which is grandfathered in, or if they ae on one of the 2gb / 4gb tiered data plans which may include that option at no cost?    It might just be one of those things to help entice people to ditch their unlimited plans.   Just a thought.

Brian / ChevyNovaLN

0 Likes
prasterb

I can tell you that we currently fun Good in an enterprise environment and all android devices require special plans to work. iPhones do not and can work on any carrier due to how they connect to Good. Android phones connect to a noc like a blackberry and requires a license on Verizons side. On an iPhone it just uses a data connection and Apples notifications to handle all tasks. Hope this helps I know a few users were not happy with this.

0 Likes
RPoz

I installed Good For Enterprise on my Droid around August 15. Around August 20, the software stopped syncing and I started receiving daily emails that I did not have the correct data plan option or the Good Feature Code. I have since learned that I will have to give up my unlimited data plan in order for Good to work with an Enterprise Data Plan. Not to mention, an additional $15 for Good service. You are correct -- If you had an iPhone, you could simply download the application and it works. iPhone users don't even have an additional $15 fee.

In my opinion, it is ridiculous, unacceptable and unfair. I have already told VZW so.

I am perfectly willing to pay the additional $15 per month, but not to lose my unlimited data. We all know that Good works with the unlimited data plan (since it worked when it was first installed), and that this is just another way that they are trying to push longtime, loyal customers off of the unlimited data plan.

0 Likes