Can't receive paypal security key texts
xchaosx674

I am currently trying to set up the mobile security key feature for Paypal but am not receiving anything from paypal in the form of a security key, or any response from their help text number. I contacted paypal about this and they said they key is being successfully sent out, but I am not receiving it. Does verizon not support Paypal's security text system? I am able to receive security texts/login codes through bank of america, google, and other services just fine.

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive paypal security key texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi xchaosx674! Glad to see another Paypal user! I've looked into this, but haven't found any evidence that Verizon would in anyway prevent you from getting messages from tha source. When you contacted with Paypal about this, were they able to send you a test message? If not, I would recommend this to see if this is a specific Paypal to your number issue.

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
xchaosx674

Sorry, I forgot to check back here. I contacted PayPal and they were able to determine that the text message was being successfully sent out, I just never receive it. It gets lost out there somewhere. I tried requesting another code today and I still am not receiving anything. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have premium blocked and PayPal needs them unblocked to get the message to your phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
xchaosx674

I'm not sure, how would I go about checking this? I have unlimited texting and data on my plan but I haven't heard of premium texting before; also I've never had problems receiving security texts and other key codes sent to my phone from other services.

According to PayPals page "There is no fee to use your mobile phone as your PayPal Security Key. Standard text messaging rates apply when you receive a security code by SMS", makes no mention of premium, but it might be the issue.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can certainly call customer service and ask if you have that feature.  I know I have it, and if I am remembering correctly from the last time I looked at it on my account, I could see it listed with all my features.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes