Assumption of Liability (AOL) Question
MsBrynn

Ok, I thought I'd ask this question here to see if I get the same answer I got in the store.  That girl confused the mess out of me!  I currently have 1 phone (phone "A") on my now and this is what I want to do:

-  Add two NEW phone lines w/ two NEW phones (phone "B" and phone "C").

1.  For phone "B" - I want to move my CURRENT number to it; putting a random number on phone "A".

2.  For phone "C" - I want to do an AOL and move my fiancee's phone number/account to it.

Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Assumption of Liability (AOL) Question
Tidbits
Legend

I am guessing you are both under contract and want new phones.  I am guessing you have unlimited data and trying to keep it while getting your fiancee over to your line with both of you getting new phones.

AOL she'd lose her unlimited data if she has one.  It has been discussed already that assumption of liability will not protect the unlimited data plan.

in order to port numbers between accounts they all both need to be owned by the same person.

0 Likes
MsBrynn

Yes, both of us are under contract.  I plan to add the two new lines to my account (with new phones), but I want:

- my current PHONE NUMBER to go on a new phone

- my current PHONE to get a new number

- his current number which is on a different account to be put onto the other new phone

I'm thinking when the VZW rep told me about AOL, she assumed, I wanted to bring his current PHONE and NUMBER over to my account.  I don't, just the number. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

What you need to do is add a line and swap the numbers and phones.  You will lose unlimited data when you do this.

0 Likes
MsBrynn

Thanks!  I don't have unlimited data, so that's not an issue.  I switched to the Share Everything plan already.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No problem I did the same thing a few years back with my kids.

0 Likes