Droid 2 Global Shut down and will not turn back on
Pyro043

My D2G shut down earlier today and will not turn back on. I was listening to music and it shut down in the middle of playing.  If i plug it into a charger at first it does nothing (the charging light doesn't even come on), then after a while the backlight will come on, but nothing else happens. I have tried removing the battery. I've tried charging the phone for a few hours (in case the battery was dead) and still it will not power on.  I don't even see the "M" logo screen when i try to power on.

Anybody have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global Shut down and will not turn back on
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

That's very upsetting when the device will not power on. It maybe hardware related so we may need to look at your replacement options. Is there any corrosion where the battery and device connect? Please try the alternative hard reset This will factory reset the device. Please make sure contacts are backed up prior to resetting. If you are still experiencing this issue please PM me and I will gladly further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you

0 Likes
ljguest

I am having this exact problem.  I am unable to do the alternative hard reset as suggested in this and other threads because I am unable to get the device to power on (at all) or register any touchscreen activity.  I have had this device for less than a month, which replaced a prior Droid 2 Global after touchscreen failure.

0 Likes
wagemanmi

My Droid 3 was doing they same thing, I eventually put pressure on the battery to make a better connection with the contact post and it came right up. This was after messing with it for about 20 min. The slight pressure worked like a charm.

0 Likes