SAMSUNG GUSTO LOCK
kulbrz

WHY DOES THE PHONE INDICATE LOCKED WHEN I CLOSE THE FLIP, WHEN IN FACT, IT'S NOT LOCKED.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SAMSUNG GUSTO LOCK
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have? Nevermind.  I skimmed over the subject line and didn't catch what it said.

Message was edited by: Ann154

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kulbrz

Samsung Gusto

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:56:42 -0600

To:  (deleted email address to comply with )

Subject: Re: SAMSUNG GUSTO LOCK - Re: SAMSUNG GUSTO LOCK

Re: SAMSUNG GUSTO LOCK created by Ann154 in Basic Phones - View the full discussion

Which phone do you have?

(deleted personal/private information to comply with )

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kulbrz!

Thanks for the post! Because the keypad cannot be used when the flip is closed, the keypad will indicate locked. Are you having issues with any of the keys on the side of the phone ,such as the volume keys? Please let us know!

Thank you!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
robinmar

Hello I am having problems with a new Samsung Gusto 2.  This new phone has been used sparingly and recharged as needed.  Friday I was on a call that required an extended hold and the battery was running low.  As the call ended the phone stopped working.  I put the phone on a charger overnight.  The next morning the phone would not turn on.  After repeated attempts I plugged the phone in to a different charger and the phone came on briefly and indicated the battery was still low?  Now two days later I have used several chargers including a samsung without success.  This was a new phone with minimum use and it will not charge???  Please advise what I should do - note all chargers used are in good working order and used to charge other Verizon devices without issue??  We tried three chargers and a least four different cords - still no charge.  Please help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! That's no good robinmar! Let's see what's going on and why your phone isn't charging!

So we've troubleshooted to the point that it's not a problem with the charger at all. Have you pulled the battery out completely to see if there was any damage to it? Did you feel the device getting hot at all? I didn't see any known issues with the device and charging. What I would recommend is powering the device off, plugging it into the charger, charging for about 4-5 hours and then attempt to power on. Please make sure that this is connected to the wall (not USB or car charger). You might also want to check the charging port to see if there is any debris or corrosion inside. Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes