MY PHONE WONT STOP ROAMING
leswins

Hi, I am currently visiting in Toronto, Canada, and I do not have an international data package. Before I crossed the border, I turned of my data and my phone was not roaming. I still had a connection to the wireless network so I was able to call (for .69 cents a minute) and have unlimited texting. This morning I turned my phone on and I made a selection on a information box that came up by accident without reading anything it said. I assume it was about roaming because after I made the selection a blue r appeared over my signal strengeth bar.  I went to settings and blocked roaming outside USA, and also turned off my data usage. After this a blue triangle appeared over my signal strength bar, so I assumed that it wasnt roaming then.But then,  when I put my phone on sleep and then press the power button under my unlock code it says "roaming". How do I fix this? I could just put my phone on airplane mode but then I cannot text my friends or parents to let them know where I am. I've tried restarting my phone multiple times but the triangle continues to appear. Also, when I go to data usage it says I have not used any data since arriving in canada, but I am still afriad of using any because it also says that the data calculations my the service provider may differ from how my phone calculates it. I really do not want my phone to use data because its $2.08 per megabyte, so my parents would kill me. Someone please help! I would apprieciate it so much! HOW CAN I MAKE SURE ITS NOT ROAMING AND WHAT DOES THE TRIANGLE MEAN??????

Thank you

Leslie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MY PHONE WONT STOP ROAMING
Tidbits
Legend

You ARE roaming.  You turned off your data, but you are still roaming when making calls, and texting.  If you blocked all roaming then you wouldn't be able to make calls/text or receive calls/text.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You ARE roaming.  You turned off your data, but you are still roaming when making calls, and texting.  If you blocked all roaming then you wouldn't be able to make calls/text or receive calls/text.

0 Likes
leswins

But yesterday I was also in Toronto and I was able to text without having the triangle over my signal strength bar

0 Likes