voicemail icon won't go away
tracib

My voicemail icon won't leave the notification bar at the top of the phone.  I have called voice mail a few times and it says I have no new messages.  I called a Verizon representative and they told me to shut off the phone and take the battery out.  I did that and the icon was still there and it says the message is from 12-31-2004.

I have had more issues with this phone and I have only had it since June.  I don't buy a lot of apps (I only have 5).  I don't do anything out of the ordinary with it.  I know having the icon there is really no big deal, but I just want it to go away.

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: voicemail icon won't go away
tracib

I had a factory reboot about 2 weeks ago because I was dropping calls in the middle of conversations.  I have been a Verizon customer for 13 years and have never had this many problems.  I am getting so frustrated with this phone, I could scream.

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

in order to remove the notification, you need to pull down the notification bar, tap on the VM notification and view the message/missed call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that must be a pain tracib! I recommend calling your number from your handset. Leave a message in your voicemail and then delete it. This should clear the notification.

I trust this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes