Re: Galaxy Nexus dropping calls/connection, no customer service!
wimike
Enthusiast - Level 2

You would think there is enough of evidence here for a class action law

suit.

0 Likes
mja1130

I am in the same boat.  Had the GNEX since December and everyday the phone will loose signal with 4G 3-4 bars displayed.  I got one replacement refurb phone last month and it continues to do the same thing.  There are times where it takes the phone 2-3 minutes to acquire a signal again.  I have been emailing a customer support tech for the last few months about this phone as he stated he would like to keep my issue with him for personal service.  He also stated the issue was new and he was unaware of others.  The phone will drop signal when I attempt to use it about 50% of the time.  It displays, "No Mobile Network Available."  What if it was an emergency! I can just imagine trying to dial 911 and my phone craps out for several minutes.  My only way around this was to switch to 3G only mode.  This seems to fix 90% of the dropped call issues but what's the point of paying $300 for a 4G LTE phone that only works on 3G.  Frustrated as well........I haven't heard about the disable NFC, but will try it too.

0 Likes
BleezyD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive had my Gnex for a week now.  4g connections are terrible.  Literally almost everytime I try to use the phone, 4g isnt working has to re-connect.  Half the time it fixes itself, the other half i have to reboot phone or go into airplane mode and back.  Its really frustrating and getting ridiculous.  I am going to VZW store tomorrow to get a replacement.  I just hope that this one works as everything Ive read it seems hit or miss on replacements.  Ugh.

0 Likes
wimike
Enthusiast - Level 2

I doubt if a replacement phone will do the trick. I disabled 4G and it

worked fine. However if I wanted a 3G phone I would just keep my old one

which I eventually did. I returned the Galaxy Nexus and have not dropped a

phone call on my old 3G phone.

babykitty72
Enthusiast - Level 1

crappy service here.  I am on my 4th Nexus.  i am still getting what i am calling one way mute and my 4g signal is choppy.  I called into Tech.  convo 1.  she offered me a replacement phone but her choices quite frankly are steps down...Charge, Droid4 or Rezound.  I was doing research.  while i discussed it with my husband.  Today i told her, i wanted the Galaxy s3 and she shot that down.  (or her sup did) then i mentioned others were getting the Razr Maxx...She shot that down but then offered me the Regular Razr.    I don't think it is unreasonable.  since the Nexus retails at $649 and the S3 retails at $599.  Even though it is only 16 where the nexus is 32.   I am willing to downgrade a little.  She says that the self muting isn't a known issue.  how can it not be with page after page of complaints.  She said not according to Samsung.  Well they must not be sending in the repair tickets.  my next option is to do an RMA to Samsung.  has anyone tried that.  will that null my warrenty

0 Likes
BP1313

Well I here am like everyone else.  I am on my 5th Galaxy Nexus soon to be 6th.  I have had no resolve with Verizon's Customer Service.  I keep getting the run around or how would you like to transfer to a different phone.  Personally there is not a phone out there that can compare to the G-Nexus. The greatest features is to ability to delete any of the bloat ware  Verizon pushed on this phone without having to root.  Also since it is a developers phone, Google will push any new software ie operating systems for longer then our 2 year Verizon Contract (that is if Verizon doesn't take 7 month from the release patch to update our phones!!!!, you can always root it though). 

Furthermore, I have had so many issues, too many to list.  The gentleman who suggested a class action lawsuit, I am totally in!!! I have read so many post of various topic dealing with this phone it wouldn't be hard to do, I am sure Verizon is fearing the fact that it has been considered and I have seen they are locking the threads on some discussion because they are getting too big.

Lastly, with all of the unlimited internet going away being replaced for tiered programs, the price increases, no longer having a one year contract, and having to buy phone at cost to resolve any issue is a big slap into the face off all the customers.  It is truly is sad when internet for the phone will cost more then what I pay at home, slower service (if working), and a lack of any customer loyalty. I will be done with company when my contract is up, will never recommend (professionally or personally) and never come back for whatever reason!!    

0 Likes
slr7287
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here.
I got my original GNex in Febuary. My husband ordered it and a Razr for himself while we were still in South Korea.
When we got to the states, we were so excited! First smartphones for us!
Then on my FIRST call, it dropped 30 minutes into it. I have only been able to sucessfully make 10% of my calls. In the beginning, my calls would last upwards of 30 minutes. Then it started getting shorter. I was repeatedly told by Verizon Reps that I should just wait and the OTA would get rid of my woes.
4 months later, 100's of dropped calls later, the OTA comes. One minute into the first call, it disconnects. WTF?!
Then I'd had enough, and I called Verizon again. They kept telling me that this wasnt true. That it was my signal tower.
BUT I live in a uber strong reception area and 4g is great. My husband has never had ONE issue with his razr.
(But fyi, I dont like the Razr)
So Verizon finally agree to send me a replacement phone.
6/5- they sent a razr. Called and told them it was the wrong phone.

6/6- they sent yet ANOTHER razr. Called and said WTF.
6/12- Finally received a GNex.
6/16- my calls are dropping again. Called V to get another phone.

6/25- sent...yes you guessed it, a RAZR.
7/2-sent a Gnex to the wrong address, finally received it on this day.
and yep, having retarded signal issues again.
I'm already pissed that they sent me a CLNR when my original nexus was barely used.
I just dont know what the hell to do anymore. They keep asking me if I want a CLNR Razr. Not a Maxx but a regular.
And I dont. I want my damn Gnex to work. Thats why I bought it in the first place.
And I would like to be able to use 4G on it (since the techs told me to turn it off in the hopes that my signal wont drop)
Kinda defeats getting a 4G phone if I cant have it on.

0 Likes
ronban
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. I have a GNex, and my girlfriend has a Razr. I constantly have dropped signals when using 4G, but this isn't the problem with the Razr, so I know it has nothing to do with the 4G signal locally...It must be an issue with the phone. I am trying to be patient, hoping the next update will fix this problem, because it is very frustrating having to keep my 4G phone set to 3G for it to function properly.

0 Likes
Malachi42

I too am having the same issue.

I have to reboot the phone two or three times a day because the Nexus keeps dropping its data connection.

Sometimes too, when the phone wakes up it'll lose its connection altogether, including voice. But, this appears to be a different issue as it will reconnect on its own in about a minute or so. Concerns me though, if I have to make an emergency call a minute can be a long time.

In June I switched from Sprint to Verizon because in my area Sprint has so completely over sold their bandwidth as to be completely useless, only to end up with a phone on Verizon that won't stay connected.  Very frustrating.

I've been reluctant to waste my time with tech support, but I'm breaking down and calling them today.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I had this issue as well.  There is no fix for this...take the Razr while they are offering.  If you wait too long you will have a phone that does not work and have to pay mega bucks for a new one.  Its not Verizon, its the radios in the phone.  Google has to fix it and they have not.  I had this phone when it first dropped and am soooo glad I got the RAZR or I would still be having all these problems too.

0 Likes