RAZR MAXX GPS Not Working
JJAC2843
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have used GPS with the Google Maps feature and Google Navigtion (blue triangle)  for months successfully. After the OS upgrade that no longer works. According to settings, GPS is on and enabled, but i am getting a screen message 'searching for GPS' for a very long time (never goes away), and although Maps delivers directions that are ok, there are no navigation aids delivered by voice via phone. What has gone wrong, and how do i fix it? (This happens whether or not i use the Motorola Dock thing.) On the other hand, I get persistent unwanted messages from Verizon Navigation requiVring me to 'accept', which i decline because i don't want to pay VZ for an unnecessary subscription for navigation services. How do I fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: RAZR MAXX GPS Not Working
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

First, I would go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications and find VZ Nav (under the all tab).  From there you can uninstall any updates, and then disable the app.  (This can be done for most pre-installed apps with ICS)  Next, install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGws... and use it to reset and download new A-GPS data (in the app, press menu>tools). 

Hopefully this helps.

0 Likes
JJAC2843
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I did all that and am happy to be rid of the Verizon Navigator pest. I think i understand the GPS finder application, but I don't see why I want to use its display with any frequency. The main problem, the persistent message "searching for GPS" on Google Maps/Navigation, is still present. I will wait a day or two to see if that gets resolved, and then report back.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yeah, the only thing I use that app for is managing my A-GPS data. That should help you get a lock, but it may be a different problem. You could try toggling your GPS, or clearing cache and days from Maps (same menu area I listed above) and see if that helps.

0 Likes
JJAC2843
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cleared all caches that seemed relevant to me, and the function still does not work. Should I return the phone?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cool App Demmo Might have to give it a Go!  put it in there with my other G.P.S..  GPS test + app b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

They will want you to do a factory reset first, but it may be worth a shot.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That probably would be best plan of Action i still haven't done this on My one Maxx yet Demmo but i'm thinking more and more it might not hurt to Try it..b

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I think it is always good to FDR after (or before) a major update.

0 Likes
spartan948265

Ever since upgrading to ICS I have the EXACT Same issue. I downloaded the App you posted earlier and tried all the feature to no avail... my GPS is working according to the app but no Maps or Navigation can access it.

0 Likes