Why can't I forward a text to my e-mail address?
brotheryang

When I try to forward a text I have received to my e-mail address, I get a message that says: "Cannot send the attached object to e-mail address". What does this mean? I would like to be able to do this. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I forward a text to my e-mail address?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd like to help you out with that problem! I will need specifics in order to help you out. What device do you have? Do you possibly have a signature enabled on the device which prevents it from sending the message? What type of message is this (picture, video, or text)?

I'm happy to help you further, I just need some more info.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brotheryang

Hi. I have a Samsung Alias 2. I am trying to forward a plain text message. I don't think I have anything enabled or disabled that would cause this. I bring up the message. select options, forward, Put in the e-mail address and it immediately says "cannot send the attached object to email address". I don't understand.

0 Likes
RomeoYankee
Enthusiast - Level 3

SMS-toEmail is only supports up to 160 characters which includes the destination email address. If you try to send 160 or more characters then you get that poorly-worded message.

As an example, if you were trying to forward a text to brotheryang@somedomain.dot then you would have only 133 characters remaining since brotheryang@somedomain.dot uses 26 characters of the available 159 characters.

If the text you are trying to forward is over 159 characters then you need to edit the text into shorter pieces.

0 Likes
Billx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do we not have an answer to this question?  I have just run into this tonight.  Came to the website thinking it would have an answer....  and it says,  ' this question has not been answered '  come on folks, what is the deal with this?