how do you save phone numbers from basic phone to computer?
Ignorant

I can't find how to save my phone list to my computer using a basic phone.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do you save phone numbers from basic phone to computer?
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

Good question – thank you for asking. I was thinking to ask the same.

I had a memory card in my Samsung Intensity III. I know how to transfer pictures to my PC.

I wondered whether it is possible to transfer all contacts from the basic phone to PC.

If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I believe you can download your contacts from backup assistant online.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

I had already figured how to transfer contacts from my phone  – Samsung Intensity III.

I don’t know what phone you have. No matter what is your phone, the steps should be similar.

The below is step-by-step instruction for how to transfer CONTACTS to PC, using a memory card.

Page 48: User Manual – Samsung Intensity III: Use Manage Contacts to perform actions, such as erasing, locking, or unlocking, on multiple contacts at one time.

1. From the Home screen, press the Right Soft Key Contacts.

2. Press the Right Soft Key Options Manage Contacts.

3. Choose an option:

• Copy to Card: (When an optional memory card is installed). Mark contact(s) to copy to an optional installed memory card.

4. Use the Directional Keys to highlight contacts, then press the Center Select Key to MARK each contact, or press the Right Soft Key Mark All to mark all contacts.

5. Press the Left Soft Key Done to perform the selected option on all marked contacts.

Turn off the phone.

1. Remove memory card and insert card and card reader in USB port.
  2. Open ‘My Computer’
  3. Open ‘Removable Disk’ – you will see a few folders
  4. Right click on folder ‘My contacts’ and choose ‘Send To’ and choose ‘Documents’
  5. Remove card reader from USB port.

Your ‘contacts’ are in your computer.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

Hi,

I didn’t try yet the backup assistant online. I never had this feature on my previous phones. I am still learning my new phone and new features. But…I had already figured how to transfer contacts using a memory card. It was actually very easy.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

My old flip phone didn't have a SD card slot so I had to use Backup Assistant to get the contacts online. From there I was able to export them out of BA and import them into Google.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

I have never had a SD card slot in my previous phones. This is my first with this feature, and so far I like it.

0 Likes
Ignorant

Everybody who gave me an answer talked about cards. I'm talking about a BASIC PHONE==no smartphones, no nothing but a flip-the-top, dial or select a saved phone number, etc. and hit send. I've never had a phone with a card in it, don't know what it does, don't care. I want to save my contacts before I screw up my phone. Guess I will call customer service. There ARE people who can't afford more than a very basic phone-no texts, photos, etc.

-

<Edited for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually, there are quite a number of basic phones that have memory, or SD, cards.  If you "don't care" about those, I'd think that your only option is as others have suggested -- back up your contacts to Verizon's 'cloud service' called Backup Assistant; more information can be found here:

https://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_backupAssistantPlus

0 Likes
Ignorant

Hey, thanks.

-

Original message -

>Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:24:29 -0600

>From: tikibar1 

>Subject: Re: how do you save phone numbers from basic phone to computer? - Re: how do you save phone numbers from basic phone to computer? 

>To:

>Verizon Wireless Community

Re: how do you save phone numbers from basic phone to computer?                  Re: how do you save phone numbers from basic phone to computer?          Re: how do you save phone numbers from basic phone to computer?         Re: how do you save phone numbers from basic phone to computer?        Re: how do you save phone numbers from basic phone to computer?

created by tikibar1 in Basic Phones - View the full discussion

>

>Post edited to comply with VZW ToS. Personal info removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes