Samsung Intensity III Alarm Issues
Nika003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all.

Just wondering if I am the only one who is having issues with Samsung Intensity III's alarm settings. I found that it works in every instance EXCEPT when you set it in the PM for the AM hour....it does not go off. I replaced it once before and I continue to have the same problem. The Verizon people must think I am crazy...keep telling they have not had reports of this particular issue. Am I the only one????

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Intensity III Alarm Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how convenient the alarm clock feature is on my phone Nika003! We're not reporting known issues with the Intensity III. Have you tried again using the "save" and then "set" commands? Have you tested it with different times? How about if you set it at the same time each day? If the device continues to be non-responsive to the alarm commands, I recommend completing a hard reset. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=34101

I trust this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Nika003;

I have Samsung Intensity III. It's about three weeks since I got the first one and replaced two times already (3 phones in three weeks!). I never used the alarm. I had different issues with this model.

I just set the alarm for 10:00AM to check especially for you. I will let you know tomorrow if you are crazy,...or the phone is a piece of crap.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

I set the alarm last night (in the PM) for 10:00AM. The alarm did go off. No problem with the alarm. Are you changing the PM to the AM when you are setting the alarm? You also must do SET and SAVE.

jmiers

I just got my phone yesterday, set the alarm for 7am. Checked it 4 times that it was set correctly. It didnt go off. I played around with it this morning and tried different ringtones and it finally started working. Not sure what the glich is. I'll let you know if I find out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how convenient the alarm clock feature is on my phone Nika003! We're not reporting known issues with the Intensity III. Have you tried again using the "save" and then "set" commands? Have you tested it with different times? How about if you set it at the same time each day? If the device continues to be non-responsive to the alarm commands, I recommend completing a hard reset. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=34101

I trust this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

I originally stated that the alarm is working in my phone. It worked, when I set the alarm frequency for ‘daily’. I didn’t know that it will not work when I set for a different frequency.

When I set the frequency for ‘once’ (tried a few times) – the alarm did NOT go off.  Did you ever find out what the glitch is?

RVgma

You are NOT the only one. I gave up after the second phone of this model and switched back to LG. I'm a much happier camper now. Just switch to a different phone and maybe they'll get the picture -- after they have to keep switching out and no one wants to use this model.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

I gave up after the third phone of this model. Yesterday, I switched to Samsung Sway, which I purchased on eBay. My old Sway worked for me 4 years without ANY single problem.

Samsung Sway, which I received from eBay, works very well.

There should be a recall of Samsung Intensity III.

0 Likes
apdb111

You are not the only one with this problem.

0 Likes
apdb111

I have the same problem with my phone. It's a known issue now.

0 Likes