Why do deleted emails reappear?
Bostom

My Tour, while otherwise problem-free, has the annoying habit of regurgitating deleted emails back into my inbox - most recently some as old as 2010 - as if they were new messages. While occasionally it's fun to take a quick trip down memory lane, most of the time it's just a hassle to re-delete dozens of messages you deleted once before.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have you been able prevent it from recurring?

0 Likes
Re: Why do deleted emails reappear?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your deleted e-mails to stay where they belong Bostom! How long has this been happening? Does it happen only with a specific e-mail client? Does it happen with all the deleted e-mails? If it is happening with one specific client, I recommend deleting and readding the e-mail account.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bostom

JonathanK,

No, the deleted messages come from both email accounts I forward to the Blackberry. I have removed and readded both accounts in the past, however, without any changes - I still, every couple of weeks, get old messages I've read before in my inbox. It hasn't happened for a while. Is there anything to look for or do the next time it occurs?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
Doodling

I have the same issue. My deleted emails keep appearing.  I do not want to delete my emails on my computer...just on my phone....and not return.  thanks Lori

0 Likes
Doodling

btw...my email account is Verizon

0 Likes
dkcapps

This is happening to me too on my Motorola Razer Max.  Has anyone resolved this?

0 Likes
Bostom

Jonathan, DK, anybody:

This is a bump. The same problem keeps happening. In fact, DK's post of a month ago re-appeared in my inbox as a new message this past weekend (September 22-23) prompting me to write again.

So obviously I'm not the only one this is happening to. Has anyone, at VZW or a user, figured out a way to make 'em go away and stay gone? Like Doodling, some messages I want to leave in my computer's email inboxes so I chose "delete on handheld" and these are the ones that come back months and even sometimes years later. They also tend to come as a "dump" where I'll get several; never one alone.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking for an answer. I hope there's one out there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again Bostom and community!

I personally don't deleting emails in the first place, so I know I wouldn't want to do it twice! 

The reason why this happens is as you mentioned, when you choose "delete on handheld" and they remain on your email server they technically have a chance of being "resyncd" to your phone.

The only sure fire way to not have that possibility is to delete the message from your actual email. 

I understand that may take some time as I just deleted over 900 messages myself, but it's worth it.

Good luck!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes