Enthusiast - Level 2

Like a said factory reset and yes ull most likely lose anything that's not

backed up...god I hate this forum..ppl dnt listen

0 Likes
Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Basicallyevolve wrote:

No mods at all. Just unlocked bootloader from HTC site. Thats it.

If that's all and you still have stock recovery, no removed apps, etc, I'd google the instructions on relocking.

Bizzy_RCSAD wrote:

I think you missed the point where he's unlocked using htcdev. Based on the post at androidpolice.com, you can't even install the ruu for the ota unless your s-off or locked so the OTA may be the same way. Feel free to try the factory reset but I'd check on the other forums to be 100% sure.

0 Likes
Basicallyevolve
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bizzy_RCSAD wrote:

So apparently I'm smart enough to unlock my bootloader but too stupid to do a factory reset?

How about you take a chill pill and understand  my situation. What if  I dont want to factory reset unless i have to 100%.

Maybe people want to listen to every option before they blindly jump on an option.

Do you go to the dealership and buy the first car the salesman shows you? no... you walk around and find the best fit for you .. It doesnt mean the person isnt listening... It just means they want to make a sound decision.

Have some patience my friends.. Life is short.

Its not about me listening. Its about someone having a genuine smart response which you had with the factory reset for someone who wants a quick fix. To come back and down talk someone for it does not get anyone anywhere either.

Someone else chimes in with another smart comment about the update failing because i am missing default applications which makes sense because i did freeze a few that were getting on my nerves

Seeing as how i do not have anything important on my phone and the bootloader is not that big of a deal for me the Factory reset is easier at this point and i am doing so.

I am re downloading the update as i type this and shall see if it works.

Thank you again for your comment PJ! I am too tired to dig around right now and will just factory reset to avoid any complications and just unlock again!

I appreciate your words and effort in helping me with this issue =).

I will post back my findings after the reset

Thanks again

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not a sales man...and u dnt have to take anyone's advice..do with out

the update or go to vzw...cause I'm sure they would love to help u too..

On Aug 2, 2012 8:30 PM, "Basicallyevolve" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Before you do that factory reset (I got here as fast as I could, stupid slow computer), if you have apps frozen, they will be seen the same as uninstalled un-freeze them and try the update again before doing the reset.

Edit: Also, looking back on PJ's response, I think he's right about having to re-lock first as well.  But, judging by your original post with the error code, it looks like it didn't see the Kindle app, and that's what is causing the hangup.

Message was edited by: demmo86rt

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

demmo86rt wrote:

Before you do that factory reset (I got here as fast as I could, stupid slow computer), if you have apps frozen, they will be seen the same as uninstalled un-freeze them and try the update again before doing the reset.

This.  A factory reset will just unfreeze them.  If you actually removed them, then that may be a whole different issue as I'm not sure those would even be restored on a factory reset.  Also if you by any chance have cwm recovery installed the update will likely get blocked regardless.  Teetering on the edge of the TOS here but trying to save you some trouble.

0 Likes
Basicallyevolve
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK im back. So i factory reset and wiped all my data... I still got the same error.. I then saw the comment about the kindle app and i downloaded it again from the market and the same thing happens =(..

NO ICS for me =(.

Anyone have any ideas or if you could point me in the right direction >

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

If your phone is <Deleted> the only option is to contact HTC

and pray they help...if the device is not <Deleted> I'd say call vzw and

get a warrenty replacement since the dev is less than a yr old

<Posted edited to comply with the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Try calling or going to HTC forums. I think due to the HTCDev unlocked boot loader it won't allow you to update your device. Maybe someone in the dev section can help you.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Basicallyevolve wrote:

OK im back. So i factory reset and wiped all my data... I still got the same error.. I then saw the comment about the kindle app and i downloaded it again from the market and the same thing happens =(..

NO ICS for me =(.

Anyone have any ideas or if you could point me in the right direction >

The kindle app and any other bloatware are in /system/app so downloading it from the market won't work.  You need to copy it and any other apps that were removed back for it to work. We're kind of limited on what we can talk about here without angering the moderators due to the TOS so you're likely going to have to go to one of the "other" forums to get you to ICS.  You're definitely not stuck but it's just going to take a little more work.

0 Likes