Phone will not connect to 3G mobile network, but will recieve calls & texts. Also connects to Wifi.
Skylahaily

I recently had my phone data plan switched from unlimited data to 8 GB of shared data, and today randomly my phone would not connect to the mobile network. When i use wifi it will connect to the internet and its usable, but 3G service for the mobile network isn't working. I can receive/make calls/texts still. I cannot connect to the mobile network. I have restarted the phone, taken it into verizon and they said wait it out. It is still not connecting to the 3G mobile network, and if there is any trick to get this to work that would be helpful! I also checked if the software needed to be updated, and it is up to date. I am confused! Thanks for reading!

0 Likes
Re: Phone will not connect to 3G mobile network, but will recieve calls & texts. Also connects to Wifi.
mek8630
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you make sure the setting didn't some how get turned off? Go into 'settings' then 'wireless & networks', scroll to the bottom and select 'mobile networks', then make sure the check mark is in the box for 'data enabled'. I've had mine get turned off during power saving mode before, and for some reason it never got turned back on automatically like it should, so I had to manually do it.

0 Likes
Re: Phone will not connect to 3G mobile network, but will recieve calls & texts. Also connects to Wifi.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could also try reprogramming the phone to the Verizon Wireless network?  Dial *228, option 1.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Skylahaily

I did try that that, and nothing happened 😕

0 Likes
Skylahaily

It is enabled, i checked.

0 Likes
mek8630
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head, is that maybe if you live in a rural area, they might only have older mobile network speeds in that area, something less than 3G, and that phone may not work with anything less than 3G. Unless of course it was working in that area before, plus that wouldn't explain why it wouldn't work anywhere else though. So other than that, it could be a hardware problem with that phone. You might do a little research and see if that particular model has problems with it's wireless network card. I'm not familiar with that model, so I'm not sure if that would be it or not. It just seems strange that it would all of a sudden stop working like that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Skylahaily,

I apologize for the delayed response and I am confident your issue has been resolved since the date of original post! If not, I can happily assist you. At your convenience, please DM me your wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes