Motorola Razr Maxx Will Not Turn On
Kelly7225

My Razr Maxx had a full battery today. I went to use my phone and the screen was completely black. Sometimes a white blinking light will appear but it is not constant. I have tried charging the phone (with the original charger) and turning it back on, and this does not work. I have also tried holding the volume down button and power button at the same time for about 20 seconds. I am very frustrated by this and I am also not the most tech savvy person!! Any advice is appreciated! I do not have a land line and cannot call tech support! Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Razr Maxx Will Not Turn On
B33
Legend

Plug-In your Maxx then Try to Do a Soft Reset.. to see if you can get it to Come for you..

0 Likes
Kelly7225

I've tried the soft reset and no luck....

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Do a hard reset ( not factory data reset) and see if that helps. To do so, press the volume down and power button and hold them for about 10 - 12 seconds then release. The phone should start booting up a few minutes later. Hope that helps.

B33
Legend

D AZ a soft / Hard Reset is basically the same if she can't get it to come on when plugging it in her only option would be take it to the store for Replacement..

0 Likes
Kelly7225

Thank you guys for your help. Nothing is working, unfortunately. I have a new phone on the way from verizon now because I of course can't get one in the store. so I am with out a phone until Wednesday. I really appreciate the advice! I am about ready to be done with verizon! It seems every time I get a phone it has some kind of malfunction and I am waiting for days for a "like new" phone to arrive!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome Let us Know how it Does when you get it and Get it Hooked up N Running:  One advice note Be Real Careful with the Sim Card.!  Handle it by it's Edges when taking it Out and Make Sure it's Fully Locked in When install it in your New Razr that is Coming from FedEx)  It has a Spring Mechanism Just like a SD card that Will Fully Seat  if you have Long Finger Nails that Will Work But since i'm not Shela I had improvise i Used a Round Tooth Pick Cut in the Middle to were i could have a Flat Surface pushing in the Card to Seat it..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kelly7225,

The Droid Razr Maxx is easily one of the BEST smartphones on the market! This phone is definitely an over achiever! With its large battery and 1.2 GHz processor, it’s ready to work! May I ask did you get your replacement phone yet? If so, is it living up to your expectation? I want to make sure that you don’t experience another device that won’t power on or malfunction. If you have any questions or concerns then feel free to ask as I am here to help!

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jasongroce

This solution worked for me.  Most places say the Vol Up and Power.  I'm glad I found your instructions to be correct.  Thanks

0 Likes
truth-seeker
Enthusiast - Level 1

this worked great and I did NOT lose any of my settings. Thank you very much!!!