DROID RAZR Emergency call screen won't clear.
alphajim

I have a DROID RAZR 16GB phone.  I sync'd it with Motocast  yesterday and all kinds of wierdness has happened.   I use my phone as my alarm clock, so this morning when the phone went off, I turned off the alarm, went into my office and plugged my phone into my laptop to sync it.  I noticed my calendar wasn't syncing with my Work calendar anymore.  I went into the calendar settings and was working on making some updated selections.   I completed this and the phone came up with the Emergency Call screen.  I can't clear this screen.  I can't pull down my notifications.  I can't do anything except dial an Emergency number that it's waiting for me to put in.   The whole phone is basically useless at this point.   I have pulled the SIM card, reset power, and am now on the phone with VZ tech support, who's having to call Motorola Android support to get some answers.  

One note, I did upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich OS last week.   anyone with any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DROID RAZR Emergency call screen won't clear.
alphajim

OK. So I spent 20 minutes on the phone with VZ tech support, then another 45 minutes on the phone with Motorola tech support.   Net net - you have to RESET your phone entirely.  Wipe the memory, and start from scratch again.   Lovely option. 

The moral to the story - if your DROID gets stuck in Emergency Screen mode, you can't wipe the cache and you can't use any of your screen options or pulldowns, your just stuck in Emergency Screen applet, you have to RESET your phone completely and wipe all your emails and account access out. 

Right now I'm not too thrilled with Ice Cream Sandwich....

0 Likes