Re: Droid 2 Touchscreen issues
amchrza
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problems with my Droid 2 Global essentially pushing its own buttons on the touch screen. After spending the last three hours in a Verizon store and on the phone with the so-called technical support, I am furious. I have been paying insurance on my phone since I bought it only to have someone with technical support (who was incredibly rude) tell me that I cannot file an insurance claim and the only way for me to get a new phone is to down-grade and still pay $179 for a used phone.. now I have been forced to do a master reset on my phone and even though all of my contacts were backed up to the "backup assistant" its giving me an error message saying that my phone cannot connect. As a very loyal Verizon customer for the past 6 years, my family now has 5 lines with Verizon, and I have been paying insurance for at least 4 years. I am about ready to leave for another cell phone provider, unless this situation is rectified.

blmorrissey

I'm having the same problem - plus other problem.  I noticed my Droid 2 start acting up after the Facebook Timeline launch (maybe coincidence? maybe not??)  I have had to remove the battery several times to reboot because the screens or buttons would work.  I opened in "Safe Mode", but now have limited access to my apps (which is why I got a smartphone in the first place).    Another problem is my keyboard - when I'm texting or emailing and I type a period . It locks up and opens my browser.  When I close my browser, I notice that other apps are opened too (phone keypad, contact list, google). It's frustrating that I'm paying for a smartphone and can't even use it as such with complications.

Any ideas to fix - would love to hear!  I've clear cache, taken off memorized words, etc.  Again, why have a nice phone is you can't use the features?

0 Likes
blmorrissey

I found that my phone started doing same (see my post below), I noticed it when Facebook when to the Timeline - that's when my phone started having trouble - but why have a smartphone, if you can't use the apps?  I want/need the apps to work.

0 Likes
l71spidey

Yeah my wife is on her third Droid 2, and every single one of them has given her issues. We have even taken the battery out for periods at a time and it doesn't solve anything. I don't know why Verizon just does not admit that they are some major issues with this phone. We are going to take it back this weekend and all I know is she better get a new phone.

0 Likes
Animal827
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also not been happy with the way Verizon customer service or technical support have handled my recent concerns. I have the full coverage (warranty and insurance). If you have the warranty, you should be able to get a replacement phone if they cannot troubleshoot your phone. I had to fight with a customer service representative about this point, who was trying to force me to file a claim and still pay a deductible. My contract ends in September, and I am leaving Verizon for Sprint since Verizon will no longer honor my discounts, upgrade, or grandfathered unlimited data plan. FYI, Sprint may not be as large as Verizon, but there unlimited data plan is at least $10 cheaper per month, and if you leave in near a urban city (NY, LA, Houston, Dallas, Miami, etc.) you will never notice the coverage difference. They also do not have LTE, but they have their "3.5", with LTE coming down the pipe on the next year. Good luck!

0 Likes
goldy97

On my 2nd DROID 2.. The screen keeps going OUT. This is the sorriest phone, I have ever had of Motorola. I will NOT get another. Verizon doesn't care, they just wan u to BUY another phone.

0 Likes
ampwinter

What would be the replacement options?  My Droid 2 is having the same problem.  The menu button at the bottom quit working.  The touchscreen will just push buttons on it's own.  It will open my text and text people and will call people.  Sometimes the home button will not work.  I have done a factory reset 3 times.  I can not afford to upgrade at this point.  Please help.  It is a Droid 2 android version 2.3.4, system version 4.5.621.A955.Verizon.en.US

Thank you,

Amanda

0 Likes