Why is my phone getting no service after a factory reset?
Clloyd10

This morning my phone froze up on me while using an app. I pulled the battery only to have the phone get stuck in the start up process. It would circle around from the HTC to the DROID screen then back. I couldn't get past the DROID screen. So I preformed a factory rest. Now it is receiving no signal, so I can't reactivate the phone. I have no other line to call tech support, and my local store is an hour away. Has anyone heard of this, or have tips on how I can fix it?

0 Likes
Why is my phone getting no service after a factory reset?
Clloyd10

on a side note, I tried rebooting again without the SDcard, and I'm getting a data notice. My phone thinks I am out of the country and is requesting to "allow data for this trip"

0 Likes
Re: Why is my phone getting no service after a factory reset?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be in global mode. Check settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > network mode or something like that.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Clloyd10

I can't get to the settings. I am getting no service to reactivate the phone. So I can't get past the start up screens.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You would dial *228, option 1 to reactivate the phone. You should be able to cancel out of the welcome screen to get into the phone and check the settings. After you have verified the network mode, you can reactivate the phone. Another thing you could do, turn off the phone and take out the SIM card (used for international use only) and reboot the phone. It might trick the phone into remembering it is a CDMA phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Clloyd10

I have tried removing the sim card, and it did go into CDMA mode. I problem is that it is not receiving any signal to make the call to *228. It is going through the initial set up and keeps failing when trying to connect the call to reactivate.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you located that the phone can't find a signal? If you aren't located in a native Verizon Wireless network area, you might need to get closer to a Verizon Wireless tower to get a signal to activate the phone.

0 Likes
Clloyd10

I have never had signal issues previously. This is all new. Which is why I'm quite confused. I have preformed factory resets previously and have never had issues reactivating. I'm not sure why it isn't locating a signal this time. Thank you for your time responding to this!

0 Likes
loyal2mydroid

The incredible 2 along with several other htc devices have the antennae incorporated into the back cover. This could affect signal if damaged or if its not in place properly. also if you can get to the dialer try dialing *22800 to activate. That forces your phone to the nearest tower. I know many who have had success with this. If signal is still poor try replacing your back cover they are pretty cheap to buy off the vzw website. Hope this helps some.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Clloyd10,

I just wanted to check up on you to see if you were able to get your device working. I see that the community provided some great troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue. Great job team! Also, the information that loyal2mydroid provided is a key ingredient to the functionality of the Incredible 2. I would recommend verifying that the gold coils and gold plates on the battery door isn’t damaged or bent. If you are still having programming issues then please provide any error message that you are getting so I can help.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes