HomeFusion- No support Service disappeared
dbw77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am hoping this may gain some attention, or anyone else can share if this has happened to them

On July 5th, after 2 SOLID months of very good speeds and HomeFusion service with 3+ bars on the router, the service disappeared.

YES: The 4G Signal is GONE, only Verizon 3G. I am in the "4G Extended Area" (HomeFusion does not roll back to 3G)

Also notable, I have a Verizon 4G LTE Ipad and it too used to work on 4G and now only 3G

Now, I have been calling Verizon daily since July 5th, and get no answer, is this service GONE? Is it Broken, When will they fix it , will they fix it.

It has gone from "We will have our network people looking at the tower to, well, it's 4G extended service area and it could just go away, sorry"

Am I crazy, or is this a very poor way to service customers and run a business? If I had a service that they installed and approved on their network, shouldn't they maintain the service, or give notice that the service is going away?  They are still billing me in advance for next month, 7 days of which I have been ale to use 0 GB of bandwidth.

I call tech support, ask to esculate, they tell me it is esculated, there is no one else to talk to. There is no answer or hope of knowing if the service is coming back or if/when they will do anything and decide to do anything except take my money. Oh, I expect a hassle when I tell them I am not paying for something I don't have.

So question: What should I do next, any suggestions on escalation? Seems Verizon could care less about it's 4G LTE network and customers that they put up on a service, they just don't seem to care.

Thanks!
Dave W

0 Likes
Re: HomeFusion- No support Service disappeared
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

My suggestion would be to continue to check back in with VZW and ask for updates on your incident.  Try to pick one case / incident and focus on that one.  Starting several incidents for the same issue doesnt ever appear to help anything.

If they are able to return your service back to normal then you are good to go.  You can try to ask for compenstation for your downtime but VZW bills monthly and not daily. Unless you were not able to use your service for the entire billing cycle they wouldn't likey help you out there. 

If VZW cannot return your service within your acceptable time frame then it will be time to go.  Considering you would be leaving due to technical limitations VZW should be flexible and either discount or cover your ETF.

FWIW: Extended Service Areas are labled that way for a reason.  VZW is trying to tell you that they can push a signal to that area under good conditions, but when interferance picks up the signal will not be relyable.  Theres no way to tell for sure unless you are willing to stick it out and keep digging into the issue.

If it were me, I would grab the 4G iPad and travel back into town, stopping along the way to plot out where the service starts/stops.  Eventually you could build your own coverage map of where the problem starts/stops and relay that info back to VZW in order to help them with the troubleshooting.

0 Likes
dbw77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that works if you want to give Verizon the benefit, but they are the giant corporation and they are the ones who have the monopoly on the services in my area, so based on the fact they must thing I have to use them or nothing, I guess providing basic customer care is not an option.

You are saying it is on me to make a coverage map of my area and determine for myself that the service us gone?

No.

It would be accecptable for Verizon to get back to me in a timely manner and tell me something like:

1. The service has been lost due to changes in the towers

2. We made a change to our towers and we are working on it

3. There is no more service so we will refund your money and we are sorry we installed it in the first plae.

Not, we don't know, we will not get back to you and we will not tell you anything about why if failed or when it will be fixed, yet still take my money. 

I think they have some basic level of responsibility,if the agree to install the service at my location to mainatin it or tell me why it is not working.

If it was not going to work for me, they should have told me that when they installed it,not yes you have 4G coverage and we will install this.  They didn't say, oh,it might disappear for no reason and we will not tell you why, so be prepared for that, and take your iPad and go search for where th new 4G signal is.

Shame on them.

Not applicable

dbw77 wrote:

Well that works if you want to give Verizon the benefit, but they are the giant corporation and they are the ones who have the monopoly on the services in my area, so based on the fact they must thing I have to use them or nothing, I guess providing basic customer care is not an option.

You are saying it is on me to make a coverage map of my area and determine for myself that the service us gone?

No.

It would be accecptable for Verizon to get back to me in a timely manner and tell me something like:

1. The service has been lost due to changes in the towers

2. We made a change to our towers and we are working on it

3. There is no more service so we will refund your money and we are sorry we installed it in the first plae.

Not, we don't know, we will not get back to you and we will not tell you anything about why if failed or when it will be fixed, yet still take my money. 

I think they have some basic level of responsibility,if the agree to install the service at my location to mainatin it or tell me why it is not working.

If it was not going to work for me, they should have told me that when they installed it,not yes you have 4G coverage and we will install this.  They didn't say, oh,it might disappear for no reason and we will not tell you why, so be prepared for that, and take your iPad and go search for where th new 4G signal is.

Shame on them.

You apparently have knowledge that you're in a 4G "extended" area and not a normal 4G area. The website makes it very clear what "extended" means. It doesn't matter what some installer told you. Yes the installer SHOULD be more knowledgeable, however if you knew already you were in an "extended" area well then you already knew your reception would be iffy, yet you chose to still get service. And it's not the installers job to convince you to NOT get service. Since you are in an "extended" area it shouldn't be too long before you get regular 4G.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Dave,

dbw77 wrote:

You may have misunderstood me.  Its not your job to plot out the coverage in your area, but it can be rewarding and helpful for troubleshooting if you do.  Doing a little footwork yourself can aid your case for working with VZW and provide evidence to your claim.  If you dont want to do it you dont have to, but it doesnt seem like anyone else is willing to give you a better explanation as to what is going on.

0 Likes
dbw77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess you work for Verizon. I can see why it is hard for you to see the consumer/customer side. They seem to feel the same.

They decided they would now assign the ticket, after being open for 5 days, to a person who his actually working in the office rather then the person who is on vacation for the rest of the month.

I guess I can just wait some more, and then pay my bill like a happy robot, even with no service...

0 Likes
Not applicable

dbw77 wrote:

I guess you work for Verizon. I can see why it is hard for you to see the consumer/customer side. They seem to feel the same.

They decided they would now assign the ticket, after being open for 5 days, to a person who his actually working in the office rather then the person who is on vacation for the rest of the month.

I guess I can just wait some more, and then pay my bill like a happy robot, even with no service...

Yes I work for Verizon. That's sarcasm in case you didn't get that. Gee dude get a grip.

0 Likes
beandawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just because someone is in extended coverage now does not mean they will ever see full coverage.The only way that will happen is if they turn up the signal cause i'm only seeing about 2 mile's out then lose 4g that's not going to cut it.Verizon I think want's mobile lte to not work out past 2mile's so they can push homefusion.

0 Likes
jrwilk01

I'm in an "Extended" area as well. My LTE reception disappeared completely in mid-May, after having rock-solid service for 8 months.  Lots of people are reporting similar issues. Hopefully Verizon will explain what change caused this.

0 Likes
beandawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a whole zipcode near me they say is full coverage but there is not even a hint of lte,and it's been a whole month now.

0 Likes