How do I undo this ICS update on my RAZR?
gkrich

As the title states...How do I undo this ICS update on my RAZR?

I don't need it.  I don't want it.  What I want is for my phone to work like it did prior to the update.  Now, it only wants to run on 4G, which KILLS the battery.  I don't need 4G.  Prior to the update I could easily set my phone for 3G only and it stayed there.  Now, I have to jump through hoops to got to 3G only, and when I have to reboot due to other issues (also new with the update), it's back to 4G, sucking the life out of the battery.  The other main issue I've had is my data connection is spotty, and email just stops working.   This requires a phone reboot to correct.  And then I have to screw around with getting it set up for 3G only again.

Verizon...I have had enough problems with you.  After this, I can promise you...no more.  I'm done when this contract is up.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I undo this ICS update on my RAZR?
AZSALUKI
Legend

download this app: lte on/off

it was made for the tbolt, but i've seen razr users have luck with it. it's a VERY easy way to force it to 3g only, 4g only, or 3g/4g.

for 3g only select "cdma auto (prl)

for 3g/4g select "cdma + lte/evdo auto"

for 4g only select "lte mode"

i put the app on my home screen and it makes it VERY easy to just open the app, touch the drop down menu (scroll down a bit to see it) and select what i want. about 2-3 seconds and i'm switched.

can't help you with the rest of your issues. sorry.

0 Likes
gkrich

That's not an acceptable solution.  Whenever the phone reboots, it goes back to 4G mode.  If it was a one-time setting...ok.  But, it's not.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

then i guess you'll have to live with it or beg verizon for a different make and model phone. if you return yours under warranty and they replace it a few times without fixing the issues, you can eventually talk them in to giving you something comparable (droid4 or rezound or something).

0 Likes
RMinSC

I've been on the phone with Verizon Service Reps, Tech Service, and the on-line Verizon rep.  Absolutely nothing was offered to resolve the issue.  They all act as though they have been victomized by Motorola, and each representative could only offer up the solution of buying a new non-LTE equipped phone.  My Razr is only 6 months old and worked great last week when I had the menu choice of CDMA-only.  Besides, I want to use 4G when I'm in a supported area.  ICS is not a good upgrade for data network and several other issues.   

...Anyway, thanks for the tip on LTE on-off App.  Works great so far.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you should search some older posts by b33 regarding flip/flopping from cdma to lte. if you went into 3g you couldn't get back into 4g.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thanks Bear: it can and did cause issue's.. But hopefully that has simmered down know that ics is on our Devices.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jd12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Get LTE OFF from the play store it is free i have it on my Maxx it works good but down load the one that is for the thunderbird.

0 Likes
TrojanFan84

No need to download an LTE app.  What I discovered was that after the update, the O/S defaulted to Global mode in the mobile network settings.  To change that, go to settings, click on the More... under theWireless and Networks Section, Click on Mobile Networks, then Click on Network Mode.  Select the LTE/CDMA option and you should be set.  You should see improved battery life, the phone switching between LTE or 3G mode as needed.  It will retain this setting.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i suppose you "could" go through 5 menus if you want, just to switch it......but the app is WAY easier. put it on your home screen and it's 3 taps to switch.

0 Likes