HTC Thunderbolt Data Connection Drop/Failure - repeatedly; not affected by location
SisterBoyd

Happy Saturday All!

I've had my phone since Jan/Feb. It worked fine until early June. All of a sudden my 4G connection would drop to no connection at all. I've had my phone switched twice. I've been in the store and the tech watched the connection drop repeatedly. Now my connection will drop and not return for up to 10-15 minutes. It didn't matter where I am. I live in the SF Valley of So. CA. I work in So. LA and travel all over Los Angeles. Yesterday, I spent a good portion of the day on the beach in Malibu. My phone has dropped connection in all of these areas. An escalated trouble ticket was created and I was told I was the only one having these problems. I was told that engineering said it was the fact I live in the valley; mountains, the dam that is across the street from my house, and high trees are in the way of the towers. Again, I'm all over Los Angeles so this isn't a location problem. I was asked to talk to my coworkers who are on 4G through Verizon to see if they're having a problem - they're not!

I was also told not to use use WiFi regularly because it may interfer with my connection - is this true?

I just worked with TS and they had me place my phone in safe mode; which disabled all of my apps that I use regularly. Their conclusion is that my apps are the problem. How can you tell if its the app because it was disabled. They're thinking is that I was able to connect to the internet so its the apps. Again, I had apps prior to this problem. I was advised to uninstall all apps and reinstall them one at a time to find the problem. Once I determine which app is the problem I am to contact that company. I'm using very popular, mainstream apps. Really?

At the end of our conversation I was told that there is another ticket that was created today so in actuality I'm not the only one with this problem. Is anyone having a problem similar to mine? If so, what have you done to rectify the problem?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt Data Connection Drop/Failure - repeatedly; not affected by location
verizonmoderator1

<Duplicate post. Please see replies in >

This thread will now be locked.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator <>

0 Likes