What happens when I use all my data
JAVernola

Currently I'm on the 10GB data plan and after the first day of using the device I've already used 1.39GB of data. Since I don't have a TV or cable yet, I've been using the device to watch TV on Hulu and Netflix. I'm just wondering what happens when I've used up all 10GB. Does it revert back to 3G and I can still surf and stream as I please, or does it just stop giving me web access completely?

Thanks guys.

0 Likes
Re: What happens when I use all my data
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

When you use up your data limit you are charged an overage fee for every additional GB of data you consume, rounded up of course.  Most overage fees are 10.00/GB so tread carefully.  3G and 4G are all on the same data plan so it doesnt matter which one you use.

Example of Good Habbits:

1. Avoid Video, use low def options if necessary

2. Avoid Streaming music, use low def options if necessary

3. Avoid High-res pictures, use low def options if necessary

4. Close down your applications when you are done using them

5. Disconnect from the device when you are not using it

6. Check in on your usage frequently until you understand what impact your habbits have on the plan

7. Turn off automatic updates for any programs or services

8. Secure your device by changing the default connection credentials to custom values

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

Follow John's guide , however to answer your question once you reached your 10GB limit you can continue to use your data as much as you want. 

Verizon wont halt your data.  You will just be charged for anything over the 10GB

0 Likes
Not applicable

You need to use wi-fi for video and even music.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Brian68 wrote:

You need to use wi-fi for video and even music.

The OP is using a MiFi or another broadband device to create their own mobile wifi hotspot.  They don't access to a wifi connection from a landline internet connection. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes