system UIDs inconsistent
AMG088

My droid x is acting up, I got this error today "system UIDs inconsistent"  UIDs on the sysytem are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable.  Then I got "I'm feeling lucky" tool bar in the bottom.  Do anybody knows what can I do...HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: system UIDs inconsistent
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Sounds like you might have picked up a Virus or Malware ...  When did it start? You might want to go back and Uninstall any APPS you downloaded around that time ...  or if it is reproduceable, boot into SAFE MODE - which will boot the phone withot running any 3rd party APPs ... so you can test.  If the problem goes away in SAFE MODE, you definitely installed an APP that is causing this...

to boot into SAFE MODE

- Power off

- Press & HOLD the Menu button (far left button)

- Continue holding & now power up the phone ... continue holding for like 1-2 mins.

Phone will come up saying SAFE MODE in lower left corner..  TEST

To get out of Safe Mode, power off/on as usual.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Sounds like you might have picked up a Virus or Malware ...  When did it start? You might want to go back and Uninstall any APPS you downloaded around that time ...  or if it is reproduceable, boot into SAFE MODE - which will boot the phone withot running any 3rd party APPs ... so you can test.  If the problem goes away in SAFE MODE, you definitely installed an APP that is causing this...

to boot into SAFE MODE

- Power off

- Press & HOLD the Menu button (far left button)

- Continue holding & now power up the phone ... continue holding for like 1-2 mins.

Phone will come up saying SAFE MODE in lower left corner..  TEST

To get out of Safe Mode, power off/on as usual.

0 Likes
AMG088

Thank you Cody21,  it seem that that has resolve the problem.  So would you advice me to uninstall my app and install them again?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

If it solved the problem running in SAFE MODE & you then rebooted normally ? Did the problem come back again?  If so, YES - sounds like you installed a bad APP ... time to start going through your latest installed APPS and just Uninstalling them 1 by 1 - and test after each uninstall until the problem goes away ...

0 Likes
jakedjohnson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got this problem when switching my wife from a Droid 1 to the HTC incredible (Non Root)...Please help with this problem if you can.  Thanks.

0 Likes
jakedjohnson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone have any information on this problem?  My factory reset is not working...Any help would be AWESOME! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jakedjohnson,

Hi there! Did the factory reset just not complete or did it not resolve the concern? I recommend the alternative reset steps, I find it to a more complete reset. Find the steps here: http://bit.ly/v2hI3N. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jakedjohnson
Enthusiast - Level 3

It completed, but it never solved the problem.  I would even get shortcuts from apps still on the home screen after the reset.  Very weird to me...found another method to get the phone working, can't say it was the best way but it worked. haha  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
BGBlake1

Can you tell me what you did? Because I am getting the same thing? I have NOT downloaded ANYTHING on my phone. I never do. Were you getting "System UIDs inconsistent"  UIDs on the sysytem are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable.  Then  "I'm feeling lucky" at the bottom like I am supposed to push it?

I tried the SAFE MODE and doing all the above! HELP

0 Likes