Samsung Brightside
_youugot_mel

Okay so I've had my Samsung Brightside for about a month now and I recently noticed that my phone would charge on its own and there would be nothing plugged in or anything and that went on for about 3 days. Now when i try to turn my phone off it will not go off the only way to cut it off is taking the battery out. Does anyone else have this problem ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside
msolarchick

My son has this phone and we have recently noticed this also. The problem is that he never knows when his battery needs charged as a result of the bars always looking as if they are charging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, _youugot_mel-

These are definitely unusual behaviors for the phone! I can assure you that the device is not charging itself, as cool as that would be! Is this still happening? When the phone will not power off, is it displaying an error message? I'd love to look further into this for you. Please keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
msolarchick

Now the phone will not even turn on.

Planning to take it back tomorrow.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
rnformick

my phone started doing that too i tried taking my battery out and everything.

0 Likes
dwdowty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like a short in the charging port.  The only way you would see charging is if the charging port detected a charge on it. A short could cause this, and pulling the battery/resetting/etc, won't fix a hardware issue.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Call *611 from another Verizon phone.

0 Likes