New software update messed up my phone!?
katy2204

My phone did an automatic update on June 22, 2012 and since then the phone has not been working effectively! I have no pictures for my contacts in my messages and many of my applications are much slower! I have read many of the forums and tried the troubleshooting that everyone is being told to do by Verizon Support but it is also not working. I'm getting very frustrated by this and I am not eligible for an upgrade until MARCH!!! This sucks!!! I wish it had never automatically upgraded because I was perfectly happy with the previous software!

0 Likes
Re: New software update messed up my phone!?
cruiselinefan

I have the same issues.  I went ahead and downloaded Handcent from google play and that at least shows my contact images in that application app.  I had to uncheck everything in the stock message app.  My other issue is the phone randomly rebooting about once a day, sometimes twice a day.  I am finding it very annoying.  I cannot upgrade until March as well so I am stuck with the phone.  I loved this phone up until the automatic update, but now it is acting weird.  I am also finding that my battery drains quite a bit (this is before I installed handcent so that app had nothing to do with it).  It will also randomly freeze up as well.  NONE of this was happening before that update.  My phone will be a year old July 7th!  Grrrrr.  When I called Verizon about these issues, they acted like I was the only one having problems and said I was the only one who called to report the issue - which I doubt.

0 Likes
katy2204

That's exactly what my phone has been doing!!! I'm so over it!! Mine is also only a year old!!! Battery draining, freezing up, no contact pictures...rediculous!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

0 Likes
lor729

I am having the exact same problems.  Looks like it was a complete downgrade for us.  Can't stand dealing with the customer reps either as I find them utterly helpless. Am contemplating doing a factory reset.

0 Likes
katy2204

I tried the factory reset and it didn't work either. I also contacted customer service and they sent me a replacement that they said had already been tested with the new software and was supposed to work just fine. However, I got the replacement today and it still isn't working properly. Tech support was supposed to contact HTC and call me back but that was 3 & 1/2 hours ago and I've yet to hear back from them. I'm very frustrated and I'm hoping they will let me send back both the replacement and initial phone and let me upgrade early.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you everyone for bringing this issue to our attention. I previously had the HTC Incredible 2 and the contacts would occasionally disappear from the messages, but rebooting would normally phone would resolve this issue. We have had several reports of this issue since the new software was released. Our product team has been working with HTC on a software fix for the contact issue, but we do not have a date for the next software release.

For this issue with applications moving slowly try clearing cache from the individual applications. If it is still slow, please wipe cache from the phone completely. This will not erase data from the phone.
1. Boot into recovery
o Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
o When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
2. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
3. Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
4. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
5. Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
6. Select "Reboot system now"

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
katy2204

I have tried all that. I'm currently on my 2nd replacement phone because they have all not worked or even recovered.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!
This information has been sent to HTC & a  fix for the issue is under review and will be included in the next Software Update (SU6) for this device. The tentative release date is under review.
We thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NuisanceWorker

Same exact thing is happening here.

Random shut downs - three times today in the middle of calls! Then it takes 10 minutes to start back up!

I have always, ALWAYS preached in favor of droids, but this BLOWS, HTC!

Fix it. Fix it NOW.

0 Likes