3G and 4G signal strength lower after ICS upgrade?
mustangman4

Has anyone experienced this happening on the Razr?  Before the upgrade, I had full signal strength but now I am lucky to get 1 or 2 bars on 3G or 4G.  Starting to think that is why my battery is draining quicker. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 3G and 4G signal strength lower after ICS upgrade?
rbadri99

Yes, happened to me too but after talking to Verizon technical support they said that Ice Cream Sandwich has a lot of problems/bugs and they have sent request to Motorola to fix it. I was told that there will be another update to fix these bugs soon.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I have seen my Talk bars go down a little but as for my 3G and 4G it hasn't been to Bad but there could be issues that might be Lurking out There  rbadri99 keep us Posted..

0 Likes
goddss6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had problems with my 3G being SUPER slow and not loading anything for weeks before the upgrade.   Verizon is starting to suck MAJORLY... I've been a customer for over 10 years and am NOT happy with the current services.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I also have the Razr with ICS. I have noticed that the signal indicator shows less bars, however it hasn't hindered my ability to make or receive calls and it hasn't hindered my data ability.
Are you having problems with calls or data since ICS, mustangman4? I will admit to the battery draining quicker since the update and that information has been submitted to the software developers.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I know what helped mine some was getting my new PRL i can see some differences how the Phone connects to the data if one thing a person can do for there phone that can help is Make sure the PRL is up to Date..

To check your PRL with ics.. Go to settings then About phone then Tap status!

Scroll up to Network Type & Strength.. then scroll up to PRL.. Check what it is "Note the No". then do a Soft Reset and it may show up Different. if it doesn't push it to the Phone a Phone call to Tech Services can when asked be pushed to the Device but they will want the Device to were they Can trouble shoot it. So it's good to be on another phone while they do this. b33

0 Likes
smoothVTer

After ICS  (4.0.4) update, I'm having the same issues:

-- 4G bars used to be 4 on Gingerbread.    Now I'm luck if I get 1 bar for 4G.

-- Phone (RAZR Maxx)  seems to toggle incessantly between 3G and 4G in all same areas where signal used to be stable.

-- Dropped calls moving between zones.   Text messages returned as UNSENT or other errors.

-- Sluggish interface.  Feels like an old, old phone.

-- Battery life seriously affected.  Used to go 2-3 days on a single charge.  Now, the phone discharges literally overnight in 6-8 ours in STANDBY mode.

I called Verizon asking what to do.   They basically said:   screw you.   We can't revert you back to prior OS.  We also can't fix this for you now.  It is unconscionable that Verizon leaves us with no recourse to fix our degraded phones after this ICS update.   Verizon suggested I contact Motorola, which I did, but they had the same response back to me:  we can't revert back to prior Android version.

So what to do?  We're stuck with this now, as paying customers with degraded phones, for how long?  Until Verizon gets off their asses at their leisure?   Doens't this reek of class action lawsuit to anybody else?  

0 Likes
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

Well i don't know about a lawsuit. These things happen with upgrades. Mine was all messed up but the hard reset seems to have done the trick for me. My 4G actually works now with ICS where as it never worked under GB. Good luck to ya sorry to hear about your hassles i hope verizon/motorola/google/gotorola/motoogle/ get an update soon.

0 Likes