My Htc Rhyme wont power on
karmentrenice

i have had my htc rhyme for 7 months i havent had any problems until today when my phone would not turn on. I know the battery is not dead because the phone was charged all night. Im frustrated and dont know what to do about it. I currently have the phone on the charger hoping a light or something will come on. Can anyone help or give me advice?

0 Likes
Re: My Htc Rhyme wont power on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's no good! karmentrenice, I'm always rely on my phone to stay connected with family and friends and don't know what I'd do if it didn't turn. So I can definitely understand your concern.

Is the LED charging indicator ON when the device is connected to charger? Does the battery icon indicates the device is charging? Have you tried an alternate hard reset?

You may need to perform an alternate hard reset. Below I have provided the steps:

1. Press and hold down the Power Key (upper-right corner).
2. Select Power Off.
3. Press and hold the volume down key then briefly press the Power / End key.
4. When the HBOOT screen appears, release the volume down key.
5. Press the volume down key to select Factory Reset then press the Power / End key.

If your phone does not turn on after the hard reset we may need to look into replacing options. Please post back if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes