All Email accounts saying "Invalid Credentials" when trying to verify
mdm31584

I set up all my emails and worked perfect. about a week later it asked to verify the account and after i did it worked perfect. Two days ago it asked to verify the accounts again and every account i try to verify says "invalid credentials". I tried to remove the accounts and again it says "invalid credentials". what should i do?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: All Email accounts saying "Invalid Credentials" when trying to verify
mdm31584

this is for the Droid rzr Maxx

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Did you at any time do a Soft Reset Give that a Try an see if will Clear it the Issue Once the Rest is done Retry What you were doing..

0 Likes
mdm31584

i haven't done a soft reset. how do i do that and what will be lost by doing that?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Press and hold the power key + volume down key for 10 seconds to perform a force reboot on the device.

Note: Data on your phone will not be deleted.

Note: If your phone displays "AP Fastboot Flash Mode" (CLICK HERE to view example) while powering on, simply press the power key and the device should power-up and function normally.

0 Likes
macone1

I have the same problem, tried rebooting and it didn't help..  It keeps saying "NO mechanism not available?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Spunki1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My emails also stopped working on June 21 on my Maxx for both hotmail and aol. I have been searching for a solution and there does not seem to be one. I have also bee on Motarola's site and lots of the same complaints not just on the Maxx but other droids as well all on the same date June 21. Other phone mentioned were droid 4 and xoom. The strange thing is that you are required to have a gmail and that is the only one that I'm getting notifications for. My guess is that verizon and motorola already know about this massive issue but don't have an answer as to how to fix it yet so they have not given there reps any information so that they can tell us that they don't know of any issue. 

0 Likes
ECFoecking

The fact these troubles started pretty much on June 21st and across various models, leads me to believe this is more likely a phone company issue.  I just bought my MAXX on 6/20 and the little I was able to setup that evening, all email accounts worked.  I did receive a major software upgrade Friday morning but it was several hours later the emails stopped working.  As the software upgrade REQUIRED me to allow it to happen, I would think pretty much everyone would know if their phone had been upgraded. 

I am completely opposed to doing a factory reset on my phone to resolve something that was likely introduced by either code or some networking error.  I have spent far too many hours re-installing and reconfiguring apps and software on my new phone to just throw that time away.  As a consumer, I expect either Motorola or Verizon to work together and resolve whatever is happening IN A TIMELY manner. 

0 Likes
jnoble1197

My gmail and yahoo email accounts also stopped on June 21.  I'm still receiving email through my primary account, bellsouth.net, although I have to manually refresh it each time I check for messages.

I got my Droid 4 on June 16 and this is the second time the email accounts have stopped working.

As I workaround, I placed their widgets on my home page and that works fine.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

make sure the user, email address & password are correct.

0 Likes