Re: The update could not be validated. Please try again
reico
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue. What a bummer.

0 Likes
reico
Enthusiast - Level 3

how do you factory reset and what info would i loose if i did it?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

You will have the option to Format you data card & internal storage ...  If you do that, you will lose everything - so make sure you copy any data, pics, music, ringtone, etc off beforfe starting ...  You will also have to totally set up your phone again - all of the APPs will get reloaded after your initial logon to the phone ..

B33 did a nice job in documenting the HOW TO :  https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/800326#800326

0 Likes
reico
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks

0 Likes
Defcon1

Working the issue with a level two tech, will report back shortly.

0 Likes
reico
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory reset worked. Thank god i backed up angry birds or the phone whould have had a acident.lol

0 Likes
dscott

contacted tech support, they referred me to Motorola tech support. Motorola advised me to do a factory data reset then try again. Currently in process..

0 Likes
dscott
0 Likes
steely
Enthusiast - Level 2

Defcon1 wrote:

Working the issue with a level two tech, will report back shortly.

Thanks.  Hopefully you'll be reporting back with a solution...or at least some useful information.  Looking here and in the Motorola forums I see this is a widespread issue.  I want ICS as much as the next guy but I'm not willing to go through the hassles of a factory reset.

0 Likes
Defcon1

Bad news.. Tech tried everything, pulled sim card reset, tweaked commmunications etc. with no luck. It looks like a factory reset or phone swap is my only option to get the update. I only purchased the phone 4 weeks ago so I'll try the reset.

Apologizes for taking so long to come back and report, I've been on the phone with Tech support all this time

0 Likes