Dinc2 update ruined perfectly working phone
mscoutfan

I have called Verizon support went thru everything they suggested to do and nothing helped. Factory reset is for the birds. My phone now has all of the issues everyone has mentioned. No pictures in main screen of contacts for text messages, friend stream is no longer updating Facebook, camera black screen and the power cycle of rebooting at least once a day. Verizon blames HTC. So i have now logged 3 complaints with HTC and heard nothing. All this started with the recent update. HTC blogs blame verizon and verizon blames htc. I will now start logging complaints with better buisness bureau for both companies. Both companies are now at fault since blame is pointing to each other. If this update was to prepare for ICS then push ICS if it fixes everything now being caused. I am tired of having a phone for 2 weeks that doesnt work half the time. I didnt pay for a new phone for companies to screw up and no Verizon no refurbished phone replacment. I didnt pay hard earned money to have a second hand piece of crap. been there done that. And since equipment is not working properly verizon is in breach of contract. Already been to an attorney concerning contract.

0 Likes
Re: Dinc2 update ruined perfectly working phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mscoutfan,

I really regret to hear of the issues you are having with your Incredible 2. I'd like to take ownership of this for you and get to the root cause of what's going on. I would also like to take a look at your account for options.

It seems as if you have already done many troubleshooting steps, so I'd like to assist you personally. Please send me a DM and include your name, mobile number, and a contact number. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mscoutfan

I appreciate your offer but I have already spoken to 2 people in support at Verizon and there is nothing apparently that can be done. I do not want a refurbished replacement as I didn't purchase a refurbished used phone. At this point I just want answers and for someone to take responsibility. Either Verizon or HTC needs to explain. If this was a prep and ice cream sandwich will fix all then someone just say so and send ics update. I'm to the point where I feel HTC and Verizon are in breach of contract by messing up a perfect phone and I have done nothing.

Thank you again

Rick South

Sent from my INCREDIBLE 2

0 Likes
kennyg1

I am having the same issue, hope its fixed soon.....

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

In following other boards, this is an issue since the last update that was pushed. My girlfriends Incredible 2 is doing exactly the same thing. In following the other boards on this there are thousands and thousands of people complaining about this and it is NOT a hardware issue or an issue with your phone.  The only way to fix this is for HTC and Verizon to fix the bug in the update and push out a new update that will correct this.

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

Had a new problem pop up today. Every time I get a call the speaker phone automatically turns on. Have to reboot to get it to stay off. Works for awhile and then does it all over again. This is in addition to the other problems. I have contacted HTC and they are aware of the contact picture issue and are "working" on it.;

0 Likes
mljumpman

I am having the same issues with mine where pics are not showing up in the contact text messaging and my Yelp app does not open up Google maps when I click on "Find Directions" or the address of the restaurant/business.

Is anybody else having problems with their Yelp app not opening up Google maps for directions?

I have already did a factory reset (removed all the apps) and cleared all the cache, which none of that worked. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes