Prepaid Jetpack 4150
dwa714
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get to the portal to check usage and re-up?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid Jetpack 4150
dwa714
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well..... got an answer.  Don't like it much, but I guess that's the way it is .

Capturefdghk.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Not sure which portal you are referring to.  The MyVerizon portal on the main VZW website perhaps?  Your account name will have to be activated over snail mail for the MiFi 4510L before you can sign into that service.  Not sure how different it would look once activated for a prepaid device.

It might be easier to contact the 1-800 and have a rep do it for you over the phone.  At the very least they could walk you through the steps to sign into the portal so you can do it on your own in the future.  Be sure to let us know if thats what you decide to do and share with us what was learned.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dwa714,

That's great that you are being proactive and want to review your usage! You can just navigate to verizonwireless.com and register your prepay account. You will be able to view your usage and refill the line.

Let us know if you need help!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dwa714
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I attempt to register the phone # assigned to my Jetpack, I get the following:

We're sorry but you cannot register your tablet on My Verizon. Please set-up your account information on your device.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
dwa714
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well..... got an answer.  Don't like it much, but I guess that's the way it is .

Capturefdghk.JPG

0 Likes
gulfcoast71

I have the same problem too. Salesperson had assured me that it would be super-easy to set up my prepaid Jetpack 4150 so I could log into wwww.myverizon.com to check usage and pay bill.

I've had this for two months and myverizon.com still wont allow me to log in with my jetpack assigned telephone number.

When I called technical support I was bounced around about 5 times between sales, support and then pre-paid support for cellphones then actual technical support.

I was told that the prepaid Jetpack support was non-existent and they've been having problems with the launch of this product for support users on the myverizon.com portal. Nice.

How am I supposed to track my usage on multiple devices when using this product? 

Why should my only means of checking my status for bandwidth usage should have invlove a 15 MINUTE CALL to Verizon each time to find out?

I am VERY DISSATISFIED with the devices support and if I could get a refund on this device I would.

I mean, who launches a a product with no means of logging into the web to pay the bill or check usage?

DISGRUNTLED IN FLORIDA

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Gulf,

Incase the online/myVerizon option continues to give you trouble you should be able to check your usage over the phone via the automated options in a minute or two.  That is actually my preferred way to check my usage on the fly.  Below are my archived steps from several months ago, and I havent updated them since I got familiar with the message system.  The steps may have changed but hopefully you get the idea.

Retrieve data stats from Verizon 1-800 number:
1. Dial 1(800) 922-0204
2. Enter the Phone number of the MiFi when prompted
3. Navigate to Balance (option 2)
4. Navigate to Usage (option 2)
5. Enter the billing zip code

6. Navigate to Data Usage (option 3)
7. Listen and record the Data Usage results
8. Hang up

0 Likes
ChrisLove
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not an answered question, how the heck do you actually make a payment for more data!!!

dwa714
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess they deleted my screen shot.  Here's waht I received from Verizon:

"Good Morning Dan,

My name is rick and it is my pleasure to assist you with all of your Verizon Wireless prepaid concerns or questions.

I understand, exactly, how important it is to view and keep track of your device usage and not only is it important but convenient when you can do this all online. The 4G VZ Jetpack that you are using at this time can not be viewed online. Customers using this device must call in to our 24 hour customer service line to view all usage and make payments. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Dan I see that you started this account May 23, 2012. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless we appreciate your business.

Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us by phone on our 24 hour customer service line at (888) 294-6804 or by email at www.verizonwireless.com/contactus. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Rick

Verizon Wireless customer service "

0 Likes
XYZ123ABC
Enthusiast - Level 2

In step 3, option 2 only gives you two options

Press 1 to pay with a prepaid card

Press 2 to pay with a credit card.

0 Likes