Can I use my current basic contract phone with a prepaid service?
IronMan01

I have been wanting to start a prepaid plan for a couple months due to the fact that I need to be able to text people who don't have Verizon without going over my allotted texts. I looked at the phones that Verizon offers for Prepaid and I really just want to keep my current phone (ZTE Adamant). I want to know if I could just buy the cheapest phone offered on Prepaid and switch everything over to my Adamant? Help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use my current basic contract phone with a prepaid service?
Not applicable

Nope.

0 Likes
icanhelpyou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, you can actually. If you're currently in contract you would have to pay the ETF amount and you can convert your number and phone to prepaid. It's called a Postpaid to Prepaid migration.

0 Likes
Not applicable

icanhelpyou wrote:

Yes, you can actually. If you're currently in contract you would have to pay the ETF amount and you can convert your number and phone to prepaid. It's called a Postpaid to Prepaid migration.

Awesome I'l do that with my 4G phone right now.

0 Likes
icanhelpyou
Enthusiast - Level 2

It wouldn't work with your 4G phone but it would work with IronMan01's phone, the ZTE Adamant. Which is what he was asking.

0 Likes
Not applicable

icanhelpyou wrote:

It wouldn't work with your 4G phone but it would work with IronMan01's phone, the ZTE Adamant. Which is what he was asking.

Well you didn't say that. Perhaps you need to be more EXACT. You know like you were insisting I be on the other question.

0 Likes
icanhelpyou
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was being exact. I answered his question directly and exactly in his direct thread. We can argue all night. It's people like you that cause miscommunication and heresay BS and confused people.

0 Likes
IronMan01

Thank you for the help! I have been wondering about this for awhile and your answer answered my question! Thanks, again!

0 Likes