Retrieving Text Messages From Broken Phone
JSponder6

I recently dropped my phone in a campfire (Accidently) and know the touch screen on my Chocolate Touch does not work. Is there any way to retrieve the text messages that are being sent to my phone or were sent to my phone before it turned off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retrieving Text Messages From Broken Phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your phone has been turned off, then activating another phone on the same line should bring in all the text messages that have not been retrieved yet.  They are only stored on the servers for something like 5 days before being deleted as undeliverable if you don't have a device active in that time frame.  If they were delivered to your device, then you'd have to view them on that device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your phone has been turned off, then activating another phone on the same line should bring in all the text messages that have not been retrieved yet.  They are only stored on the servers for something like 5 days before being deleted as undeliverable if you don't have a device active in that time frame.  If they were delivered to your device, then you'd have to view them on that device.

0 Likes
johnb56

is there any way to check the text messages on line? I am waiting for my new phone and need to get to some texts

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, there isn't a way to retrieve the content of text messages online (not without a court order, and that wouldn't be warranted int his case).

0 Likes