New plans...
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1

Well from the sites that I have looked at people who use over 1gb are >Post edited to comply with Verizon ToS<  $50 for 1gb and 2gb is 60.  A crazy $100 for 10 gb!!!! That is on top of the $40 that they are going to charge per smartphone! So if I figured right it cost $720 for 2 smart phones for a year. New plan is going to be 1200 if you want the 10gb a month. That's $480 more a year...if you add that to the $200 you would already be paying for the new phone, you can buy one new phone every year outright and keep your unlimited plan.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: New plans...
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

For me I have 4 kids on my plan and every time we go to upgrade there are less and less phones that are not smart phones, I will not pay for my kids to have a smart phone so they have had the same phones for a.while because they can't find a new phone that they like unless its a smart phone.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

cant find what they like..............

kids dont have to like a phone, unless they are paying for it and the bill

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

motoryder wrote:

Well from the sites that I have looked at people who use over 1gb are >Post edited to comply with Verizon ToS<  $50 for 1gb and 2gb is 60.  A crazy $100 for 10 gb!!!! That is on top of the $40 that they are going to charge per smartphone! So if I figured right it cost $720 for 2 smart phones for a year. New plan is going to be 1200 if you want the 10gb a month. That's $480 more a year...if you add that to the $200 you would already be paying for the new phone, you can buy one new phone every year outright and keep your unlimited plan.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

you are comparing 2 people that have unlimited and would want 10gb's per month. everyone in the past year has had to get 2 gb's so your 2 smartphone users would only need to purchase the 4 gig plan ($70 per month). i'm not saying it's much better, but they were going to do away with unlimited eventually, so to compare apples to apples, we should compare the currently available data plans (2 gigs for $30). they were going to phase out all of us grandfathered unlimited users out at some point.

0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I see what you are saying. I was just comparing what I am paying now and the data I use, compared to what I would have to pay to get close to what I use. Its still crazy tho. $50 for one gig that's nuts.that's like not even a week of use for me. I work third shift so I mostly use my phone for streaming pandora, YouTube videos, and a couple times a month Netflix.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i think one gig is absurd too.....but many users have claimed that they want a smart phone, but don't want to pay for data (because they "think" they will only use data over their wifi, which i disagree with....but that's what they think). this would be a way to get 3 smartphones on a plan for $170......which isn't close to possible with current plans. i think they will BLOW right through that 1 gig (which is also what i'm sure verizon is counting on), but if you scour these forums, you will find many threads complaining about the lack of basic phone options and threads demanding that they get smartphones for everyone in the family without paying $30/line. i still say it won't work, but it's what they asked for.

we can still upgrade and keep whatever plan we have. the only real change here is that they have dumped us unlimited users and forced us in to 2 gb's/month. i have some deciding to do as i currently go over the 2 gigs but i suspect i could easily stay under it since i have wifi at work and at home, that i don't currently utilize whenever possible. i do stream spotify in the car though, and that eats up data!!!

0 Likes