Re: LG ENV3 shutdown problem fix?
ENV3guy

I have owned 5 yes 5 ENV3 phones. why ? because, its the best verizon non smart phone (no data plan required) I currently own one now.

I can verify that one of the shutdown problems is the phone shutting due to the buttons randomly being pressed in a pocket or in a case.

the question was asked: why not lock the phone?

the answer: because the lock on the phone is poor. the unlock for the phone is (one) button the OK key. This key gets pressed and my phone will place calls in my pocket or, text or change the background image on my display or, of course shutdown. useing the phone with the lock will not solve this problem because the lock is poor.

so why not use the security lock with a pin number? answer: the pock only activates if you power down the phone and power it back on or if you manually go into the options and lock the phone. during regular use of your phone these types of operations are highly irratateing. Imagine powering down your phone and powering it back on after every call and every text just so it won't shut down on its own in between or manually going into the settings and locking the phone after each use.

The simplest solution whould be for LG to update the software to include a pin number option to unlock the phone that automaticly activates when the phone goes idle and locks.

I have suggested this to Verizon and also to LG and also to LG with a Verizon support tech on the line. Verizon and LG will not admit this is a known issue and deny that anyone other than myself has bad this issue. This forum suggests otherwise.

0 Likes
Re: LG ENV3 shutdown problem fix?
amethystrose

I am contracted through Verizon Wireless at a call center and if the phone strictly SHUTS DOWN and does not power up on it's own, it's a battery issue. The original batteries in the phone are too small and so you need to call the center and tell them you know about this known issue and request a new battery. All the replacement batteries are now set up correctly and the right size so they will fix the problem immediately.

0 Likes