I want to suspend service on 1 of my phone lines. Can i reconnect right away?
janetshd1200

I want to suspend service on 1 of my phone lines.  Can i reconnect right away?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I want to suspend service on 1 of my phone lines. Can i reconnect right away?
budone
Legend

Why suspend and reconnect right away??? Sorry, lost puppy here

0 Likes
Re: I want to suspend service on 1 of my phone lines. Can i reconnect right away?
janetshd1200

Hey lost puppy.  That is the question? 

0 Likes
justhere2help
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can suspend and reconnect anytime, but there is a daily limit. Also, suspend on your myverizon........if you call in to suspend it will cost 15.00, but go online to your account and there is no charge. (The only time there is no charge to suspend when you call in is due to lost/stolen)

0 Likes
MorencyCrew
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 5 phones on my plan. Two of which are teenagers that of course "sweet talked" my wife and I into letting them getting data phones. The agreement was that both of them have to pay the data part only. $30.00/line. Neither of them have done or are doing that. Is there something I can do or would have to total suspend their lines.

valerie4125
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, you still end up paying the data charge but pay the extra 5 bucks for usage controls. Then you can go in and set their data limit (even to 0 if you want), what time they can be on, what they can do and all sorts of things.

the_devils_advocate

MorencyCrew, Usage Controls are the most flexible option for you in this scenario. The good news is it will allow you to limit their data use to practically nothing. (You cannot set it to 0 kb/mb/gb on a smartphone, the lowest allowance you can set it to is 150 MB.) The downside is that it does cost extra money to enable it ($4.99/mth). Suspending their lines through My Verizon (online), carries no cost, but it will allow, basically, zero fuctionality of their device while it is suspended. I get calls from customers like this a lot, so I hope this was helpful.

0 Likes
debbi49

Ok like I gor my iphone free for a 14 day free trial and am now sending it back before trial date ends. Will I still have to pay the activation fee even though I returned the phone before the due date?

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Go to my verizon, suspend both of their phones for a day or a week or whatever and tell them if they fail to pay again, you will suspend their lines for a month the next time. I know for sure, you can suspend each line two different times per year for free with or without billing. You can restart them from your account for free the same day, 2 days or in a week or 30 days or 90 days.

Don't tell them and they will think you can suspend them anytime you want. I'm guessing if you suspend them once....totally suspend the phones so unusable....you won't have any more issues getting the money from them. Save yourself the $4.99 a month verizon charge....I doubt you will need it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

LuvMyLabs wrote:

I know for sure, you can suspend each line two different times per year for free with or without billing.

It is free only  if you suspend via your on-line My Verizon account; if you call Customer Service and have them do the suspension, there is a charge.  If you suspend without billing, your contract will be extended for the amount of time of your suspension.

0 Likes