Paid for 4G, only getting 3g
motown707

My new Mifi 4G continues to offer only a 3G connection (flashing violet light). I'm paying for 4G but getting 3G. It's the same speed as (and at times, slower than) my previous USB760. Entirely disappointed... Verizon cell phone service is excellent, but the internet, poor.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Paid for 4G, only getting 3g
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your area covered by the 4G LTE network from Verizon Wireless?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
motown707

yes...I checked the website and with customer service beforehand... all was OK

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy the benefits of 4G! What make and model is your device? Have you ever been able to gain a 4G signal with this device? Are you using the service indoors or outside? What type of signal strength are you gaining? Do you see a 4G indicator on the device? What is your zip code?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
motown707

Thanks for the reply, Jonathan!

Well, I was just venting on the blog-o-sphere because I wasn't happy with  customer service and the tech dept. When I first sought to switch from 3G to 4G, I entered my zip code 36203 into website and it indicated that 4G was available. Customer Service in Anniston never told me otherwise until the other day: 3g only for now until 4G becomes available.

I use the 4G MiFi LTE device for my CPU indoors, which I'm finding out that the device is better designed for laptops, etc, on-the-go units. I get 3-4 bars of signal strength, but only 3G violet light flashes; NO 4G at all.

Also, it took 4 separate and lengthy phone calls to Tech Dept over a 3-wk period to determine that 1) I needed an external wifi adapter for my CPU 2)which I bought the brand recommended by Tech 3) which turned out NOT to work 4)then I bought an internal wifi adapter, which does work. HOWEVER, in the meantime, the $50 Rebate time period for the 4G purchase expired, plus I paid for 3-4 weeks for NO internet service.

I know this is more info than you asked for, but those are the facts. Customer Service in Anniston, Ala., said it's too late for any type of rebate or refund. Basically, it seems it's MY fault for not figuring all the technology issues out before the rebate deadline.

I would like you to forward this to the next "level" of supervision, please. I believe I am entitled to the $50 rebate and a credit to my Verizon account for paying for no internet service.

Thanks very much. I look fwd to your reply.

Steve Morey

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

That guy can't do anything worthwhile.

As per your terms and conditions, service is not a guarantee, and not receiving service is not grounds for credit if the reason is a non functioning device. You're stuck.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

motown707 wrote:

yes...I checked the website and with customer service beforehand... all was OK

The website only shows 3G service with that zip code.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with budone. That zip code does look like it in 3G only and between two 4G LTE network areas (Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes