Re: Droid RAZR keeps restarting
B33
Legend

300+ Apps you sure there isn't any more room for More!  I think if i was you i would be getting Rid of some Apps. I have 51 apps on my Maxx and i think that is too Much for it. Although i probably could add a Few to it. But 300+ that's Over Kill for Any phone in my Book..

0 Likes
mdbrennan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to contact Verizon re: my phone not working and after going through the usual form nonsense I got the message : If your phone is not working you need to call Verizon.

Does this make sense to anyone at Verizon?

I'm not sure how to call since my phone is not working. Maybe I should add a line and sign another 2 year contract. Then I could get a new phone ( not this 6 day old piece of junk I currently have ).

I got this phone May 23 and it worked great for nearly a whole week. Now it keeps rebooting, so I basically have a $300 paperweight and a new hobby as a Do it yourself phone technician. Love this stuff.

Why is it my job to make the product work? Don't Motorola and Verizon have anyone on staff who could maybe ship a product and provide a service that worked for more than six days?  It seems like a business model that would be well received by people who already have other things to do ( careers, families, and whatnot ).

I'll go through the message boards and keep trying to get this f%$g phone to work, but I would really love to see some attempt at corporate accountability and customer service.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok i will Give you a Few pointers you can Try:

First i Listed  Trying a Soft Reset in my post Above:  Here are a Few other things you can Try As Well But if they Don't You may be Faced with Taking the Phone to the Store for a Flash or Basically a Factory Reset or a you may have to Replace it..

Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications.

Enable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
    Power button
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press and momentarily hold the Power button.
  3. When the Motorola Dual Core screen appears, simultaneously press and hold Volume Up / Down keys.
    Safe mode
  4. Continue to hold the Volume Up / Down keys until Safe mode appears in the lower left.
    Safe mode

Disable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press the Power button.

If Doing that Does Not Help Try this:

This is the Instruction on doing a Clearing of the Cache Partition you can also do a Factory Reset with These Instructions..

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.

If doing a Clearing of the Cache Partition Does Not Work i Would Try this: It's a Factory Reset But if you Feel Uneasy about do one Go to you Local Corparate Store an they Can Flash your Phone an that should get it Back on Track..

Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and hold Power button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to hold Volume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
    Note Use Volume keys to navigate options.
  7. Select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
    Note Data wipe may take several moments.
  8. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
  9. Refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
0 Likes
mdbrennan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I did get it to open in safe mode. Now do I start uninstalling apps? Is there any explanation for the glitch? I had the phone hooked to my computer when the problem started. Is this what caused the problem?

Message was edited by: Mark Brennan

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You Could have Contracted something from your Computer onto your Phone a Bad File or Something Like That. Eh! the only suggestion i have if as you said it happen from the Computer is a Factory Reset and it might Not hurt Clearing the SD Card as Well.  But before you Do this  NOTE  you will need to Back up your Contacts an other important things. Taking it to the Store they can Flash it For Ya as i mentioned an then you would be basically were you Wore when you got it New... 

0 Likes
mdbrennan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.   The phone won't stay booted long enough to complete the Factory Reset.  I appreciate your help, I'll bring it to the store tomorrow.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok Let me know how it Turns out. Hope you have good Luck on your Visit to the Store!! b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
butler741

Hello All,

I had a RAZR for 5 months then cracked the screen. This one had no issues. The replacement they sent me rebooted constantly and would lose signal. After some frustrations, I decide to take a "Task Wipe" and 99% Isopropyl alcohol to my SIM card to remove any residue. After I did this and rebooted the phone the issue seemed to be resolved.

I hope this helps.  Make sure you use a "Task Wipe" for this not a tissue or paper towel. They are not designed for cleaning sensitive electronics.

0 Likes
NicholasBarry

I'm having the same problem. I had to swap in my original Droid Razr because the headphone jack stopped working. They shipped me a new phone, and now less than a week after getting my new phone, it's stuck in a reboot loop. I guess I'll call Verizon tomorrow and try to get the problem fixed.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Task Wipe EEE!   Ok well that's Good that it Worked But how about i Give you a Suggestion for you to Try next time even though Alcohol will evaporate eventually better than Water there is something better you can use on Sim Cards But you have to be very Gentle with the Contacts or they can Be Damaged!  An Eraser one that is small in Diameter and a non porous type you can also use what is Called a Gold Guard Pen witch is a Special Pen just for Gold Contacts.

I found some instructions an some pictures of a Gold Guard Pens that can be used on Sim cards This pen will restore the Sim back to it's original State.!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5932063_clean-sim-card.html

http://www.chemtronics.com/products/product.asp?r=1&m=2&id=36

Gold Gaurd Pen.jpg

0 Likes