Can I tell if someone blocked my number?
amity1123

Hi.  New to the forums here, just signed up today.

I'm wondering if there's a way to tell if someone has blocked me from texting or calling them?  We're both Verizon customers but for the past two days my messages to him are being sent (they have the arrow next to the message) but it doesn't look like they've been received by him.  And when I call, it goes straight to his voicemail.

At first I thought he just has his phone shut off, but it's very unlike him to have it off for this long.  Is it possible that he's blocked my number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I tell if someone blocked my number?
rj5714

Call him it will have calling restrictions if you are blocked

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think you would be able to get the person's voicemail if they had blocked you. The call would not complete.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe the phone is lost?  Like Ann said, if your number was blocked, you would not get Voicemail, you would get a message that the call did not go through due to restrictions or something like that.  It sounds like the phone is off,  whether due to a dead battery, or just shut off for whatever reason. 

0 Likes