Re: 3G/4G radio goes inactive
BC123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForumsYou can get it from DROID Bionic

Receiving Mysterious 5.9.901 Update? – Droid

Life<http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/20/droid-bionic-receiving-mysterious-5-9-901-update/>on

the mirror site.

After that, this is what I did...

1. Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."

2. Plug phone into computer.

3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show

up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the Removable Drive (SD-EXT).

4. Put the downloaded file on the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not

internal storage). No need to change the name or extract it.

5. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your

computer.

6. Power phone down

7. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and

Volume Up/Down at the same time.

8. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.

9. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to

initiate it.

10. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded above, press

Power and let it load.

11. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be

longer than normal (a few minutes)

0 Likes
JD1977

Thanks man! I too have recently purchased the bionic and I am having the same issues. I am in a 4G area but the service sucks. I switched the LTE off as you mentioned and I too am enjoying my phone with no issues.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I was in a full Fledged 4G area in Wichita Ks Yesterday an my Maxx switched to 3G for a Short Time i think allot has to do were you At. an if there are enough Towers in the Area to kick it on Actually mine Kicked off when i was at the New Toyota Dealership an in the Building. I had 3G an my power strength bars were Full but it wasn't till i stepped out side that the 4G kicked back on. I think one's need to remember there are Holes out there even when the Map shows it to Solid 4G an if the system takes a poop your back to 3G any way. On your Bionic Make sure Radio is on CDMA/LTE an do not change it to CDMA only as it can cause issues with the Radio. If it's still Acting up PUll the Sim for 5 Min. then Re-Install it an see what happens if it has the same Affect get a new Sim Card an make sure when you Pull it an Re-Install it to Void the Gold Area of it as it is Sensitive to Static Electricity an The Oils on your Fingers..  

0 Likes
DeviantWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

i just recently been having issues with my data connection always randomly disconnecting. Is this a network thing or is it my phone?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

D.W. have you Checked to Make sure the Data Manager is Kicked in: Go to settings--> Data Manager--> Check the Data Enable an make sure Back Ground Data is Checked as Well..b33

0 Likes
DeviantWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

yea i got that checked to be enabled.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

How far is a tower from your location i got two that are a mile an Quarter from me an one that about 3 miles and i'm currently only in a 3G as our city hasn't gotten the Love of 4G yet but it's around us though..

0 Likes