Thunderbolt Not reading Battery Correctly
Zilac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey there!

I have been searching the net for this particular problem I am having and sofar have found nothing, so I was hoping maybe you guys could help me out.

My Thunderbolt after fully charging the battery will show at the highest about 60% battery life, if not lower. This morning for example it would only show 29%. I have bought 2 additional extended batteries for the phone, both will show around the same percent when fully charged.

I have tried doing the whole battery calibration "thing", with no success whatsoever. One time, after my phone died; I took the battery out of my phone and put it in my friends phone and it showed 82% remaining, yet my phone would say 0% and die. I have done multiple Factory Resets as well.

I've heard of a few other people having this problem and just warranting back the phone, but thats the problem. My warranty ran out a couple months ago. I had to replace my thunderbolt twice for random annoying issues, and when I got my Third phone (current), the battery wouldnt charge past 80% but i figured the battery was going out and not that big of a deal. The warranty ran out a couple months after I received my current phone so I decided to finally by addition Extended Batteries. And here I am. -_-

At most the battery will last maybe 3 hours under use, 5-6 with light use. If i leave it in standby, maybe around 8 hours. And this is with the Extended battery!

When my Phone dies, I am capable of pulling the battery out, waiting a minute, and putting the battery back in and wala! it will have a sudden 2-5% of battery life left again. I can usually do it 4-5 times before it wont work anymore.

Occasionally the phone will drain fast, get to anywhere from 19-2% and just sit at one specific percent for a few hours.

I have tried multiple charging cables including: Car Charger, Stock Phone Charger, Offbrand wall charger, and PC-USB charging.

I am thinking my phone is not reading the battery voltage correctly. When my phone stops charging, or really just sits at a random percent for forever, it shows roughly 3.822V. When the battery is "dead" according to my phone, it shows around 3.6 - 3.5V. I'm not completely sure if that is normal, or even relevant.

Any help would be most appreciated, thank you! And I apologize for the long post.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Not reading Battery Correctly
B33
Legend

PC Charging is the Worst What i would Recommend is a H.T.C charger And buy a  H.T.C  O.E.M Battery a Extended Type if Possible.

These two Items at Android Central Cost about what the The Battery it Self cost. Just a Few Months Back Please give these a Look i don't think you will be disappointed.  The Battery Cost $34.99  the Charger $14.95  plus a little for S&H.. b33

HTC Thunderbolt HTC 2750mAh Extended Battery w/ Door HTC Thunderbolt HTC Micro-USB Travel Charger U150

0 Likes
Zilac
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Extended battery I have IS the HTC OEM battery. And I am using a HTC Charger on a daily basis like i posted above. I just tried the PC charging for the off chance it would work.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Whoops! miss Read something major mal-function sleep depervation maybe!  Wake Up b33!   Ok back to Helping Again well since you have the Stuff i Listed how old may i ask is the Extended Battery and were you running the Battery Down to were the Indicator light flashed before Charging it. And did you fully charged it with the Phone off. That's how i have done my phones..b33

0 Likes
Zilac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both extended batteries were bought roughly 2-3 weeks ago. First use on both I let them "fully" charge for 10-12 hours before it would just stop charging. And on the second one i tried fully charging it with the phone off.. but yeah- it never ever turns green.

Edit Additional:

Also I gave my friend one of the additional batteries since It wasnt doing me any good and he is loving it. It fully charges to 95%-100% no problem, lasts whole day or two without issue.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I don't know if you have or want to go this Route or Not. But have you Factory Reset the T-Bolt.. And Let me see if i can get a Hold of Wildman..

0 Likes
Zilac
Enthusiast - Level 1

-_- I know its alot to read and all but still!

As i mentioned, yes i have factory reset the Thunderbolt multiple times.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

No problem i'm trying to get a hold of Wildman i know him Really Well an he Works on this Kind of Stuff an Has a T-Bolt Him self So Hang in there With me And We'll see what we can Do..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well Zilac it looks like he's either Working or Asleep But i Will Forward this to Him. And Ann might see this Later in the Morning an Have a Better Solution as she also has a ThunderBolt.  But for now i Bid you a Good Morning as i need some Sleep time my self..b33

Zilac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah I'm going to do that myself, thanks for the help so far.

0 Likes